Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More GRIP!!

Slipn n Slidn

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Manual VE SV6 Ute
Hey guys quick question... Tyres?
Trying to minimalise wheel spin get myself a little more stick when I put my foot down, sick of the traction control telling me off :p for an 08 SV6 Ute

Anyone else put wider tyres on one of these or an SS in the case theyre the same, stick running on stock SV6/SS 18's and wouldn't mind keeping it that way, would only switch to series I or II SSV 19's

So yeah before I go shopping what's the widest you've put in these, heard some people putting 265s on the rear, 275s and even 295s on a 9" rim!!

Currently got a full set of 245s all round

Thanks heaps

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
More traction on a sv6? Interesting.. Pretty sure you can't get the ssv wheels staggered

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You may not even need to go for a wider tyre, just get some better tyres and you have all the grip you want.
But I guess if you can go for a wider and better tyre, you will never have to worry about losing grip again.

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Pretty much what TI3VOM said.
What brand/model of tyres are you currently running?

Slipn n Slidn

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Manual VE SV6 Ute
Currently falken 245/45 on my stocks, found them good but want more traction from the back end in particular
Wide, quality rubber, I don't waste my Tyres I just want ample stick in pull away, cornering and wet

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
The bigger your side wall the more chance you have of it holding the road , 17s with the biggest profile possible would be the best option.

Mine holds the road better with 215 15s compared to 235 18s because has more side wall flex.

Slipn n Slidn

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Manual VE SV6 Ute
TURSMO!! seen you round mate I'm on the peninsula, that blues one way to stand out on the roads, looks a million bucks
Well I think I've got about $300-$400 FK452 245s on now
How wide could I go on my 18s? 245s are fine up front but know I'll have to pay for something wider for the rear. Would 265 or 275s be out of the question?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
its a ute so unless you want to start putting some weight in the back your always going to have trouble with rear end grip