Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More Newbie questions

gargoyle_eva

Reaction score
Okay I have been reading around the forums and dreaming in my little head. I was wondering if it would be possible to put one of the holden factory supercharged v6 engines into a vn commodore?
If so would it just be a case of getting the engine and dropping it inor would it require some serious mods to get it to fit and run properly?

Or should i just forget that idea and look for an already supercharged one?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Most people will tell you just go and buy a Supercharged VT or VS with the engine already in it... And I pretty much agree.

You're looking at the cost of the engine which aint cheap, then matching cpu and a body control module and paying for an auto elec to do all the wiring.

As for trans if its an auto, you either need to match the VN hydraulic trans up to the the new engine somehow, or transplant the electronic auto that goes with the engine into the VN and run a powertrain control module (PCM).

Thats only a basic run down as I dont know alot on the topic, but you get the idea.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
really depends how much yous much you willing to pay. theres many roads you could go down, well 3 actually
-get the vt motor- rare as cost a bit to fit etc as 1991_Vn2nV has already said
- buy a vt. supercharged models can go as low as $10000
-supercharge the motor you have.

key rule though. You wanna play, you gotta pay, performance aint cheap