Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More On My Sound System

J

Jase VK

Hey all,

I posted a lil while ago bout my DEH-P555OMP Pioneer head Deck, now i have extended on that and i have 2 12" Power Acoustik woofers, a 800watt Avalanche Amp (just 2 get me started) and i was just wonderin, (like usual) wat people thought of them?

Thanx again every1, really appreciate it

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I can't say much for Power Acoustik or Avalanche amps as I have never had them. I tend to stick with the known brands ie Alpine, Pioneer, Orion etc.

For a start I reckon that setup should go pretty hard. One thing I have always tried avoiding though is doubling up as in buying things twice, I would rather spend that little bit extra and do it right the first time otherwise its going to workout very expensive in the long run.

J

Jase VK

yeah, i agree wit ya there, but Dad bought me da Amp, and it is just 2 get me started, it ain't gonna b powerfull enough 2 run my woffers at full. so that's y in da future i wanna buy myself a more power full Amp. once again thanx 4 ur advise and help. Cheers

J

Jase VK

k just gotta add sum more now. i just got 6" rear speakers JL Audio, they go hard

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well hey if the oldies want to help out there son good on them No complaints in that department if someone else is paying for it.

Actually slightly offtopic but I was looking at head units tonight and the Alpine stuff has really come down in price last time I was looking at them, a very nice head unit Alpine CDA-7894RB for $1000 retail, might have to scrap together some cash and get myself one.

I have been having problems with the current Pioneer head unit of late and I figure I had an Alpine before that which only had a button which needed to be cleaned. To my knowledge after 3 years (coming up for 4) its still going strong and been in a number of cars

J

Jase VK

Yeah da oldies r helpin me a bit wit this car, Dad has paid for my woofers and Amp, He's just bout 2 folk out $455 2 get the Tyres and **** fixed in it, so he's been a great help.

Yeah my mate has an Alpine Head unit and it seems 2 b quite good, he's had it 4 a year, mayb a year and a half and it's still workin fine. i don't really keep an eye on price's thought so i would have a clue if n e thin cums down in price.

N e way, once again thanx 4 ur help and thoughts, it is greatly appreciated.
By the way keep up the good work, this site is great.

Cheers Mate

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Damn I wish my oldies would help me out with my car Wanna swap? Don't get me wrong my oldies are great its just they wouldn't go out and buy me stuff I didn't really need ie stereo, amp etc hehe. Tyres they would as I need to keep the car on the road somehow.

Alpine do seem to be a rock solid unit, it probably helps that they only make stereo equipment so the quality is there.

The biggest turn off for Pioneer was the fact I had to wait for just over a month for a part to come in, oh well that was months ago and they could have very well changed by now.

No worries about my thoughts Hey that's what I'm here for.

By the way keep up the good work, this site is great.

Thanks a lot, all the hard work is paying off, I'm still waiting for the new domain name to kick off in the search engines but that could take a while, these things take time.