Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more power from rb30

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I have a pod, but also have a stainless surround made for it.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well if you do go the pod route then get a Drift one, not k&n, as they get the best air flow.

VLMAN86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXECUTIVE
Ok I Will Try That

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
don't know what everone else thinks but i just took my 2.5" catback off and put the stock system back on (i've got 6-3-1 HM stainless headers still on) and i can't notice the power loss at all, its just quieter. i got the catback for $80 second hand and now its on our other vl, but just a thought for those who are planning on exhausts for power gains, they don't really make a difference i don't reckon.

i reckon just advance the timing, cut a bigger hole in the front of the airbox (or CAI if you want), and some top gun max leads. total cost $50, how cheap is that. K&N filters don't do anything really either so there's another $100 to save.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah rb30's love to breathe well and seeing as its the first model to have it fitted I am positive they would have gotten more power out of it for the next model if they went through with using it like they planned too. So it shouldn't be too hard to get the 140fwkw that the R31 gts has, just bolt ons should see you hit the 150 fwkw that the turbo model has, but any more than that will require $$$$ and its just not worth it. Mine has pacemakers, 2&1/2 catback with stock cat, resonator and muffler fitted. As well as a high flow panel filter. It gets along quite well ATM but am hungry for more KW which is I guess normal as you become accustommed to the power level and it gets boring LOL. Just extractors will make a slight difference (low to mid range), Fitting an exhaust and extractors will rob the guts from the low to mid end and give more high revving power.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
does anyone know what to expect power wise, if you did all as in post #4?