Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more power?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv uterus & Vl executive
Hi blokes,
i recently got a bit of work done to my 07 ssv ute, auto. 130k.
KPM Stage 3 power package.
only dynoed at 310kw at the wheels and a estimated 409kw at the flywheel,
considering she went in at 210kw at the wheels there is a notable difrrence to power but i want more, im new to the whole modifications side of things, is there any drive line upgrades i should be looking at to get more of that to the wheels? trans work and supercharger is on the list but awhile off yet. open to more ideas on further upgrading it as well.

cheers

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
lowered diff ratio, if your ans auto look for a manual 3.45 ratio

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Could even go 3.7 ratio
any experience with it? only asking because i see alot of people really slamming on it due to short first and second, with bugger all actual improvement peformace wise.

Last edited:

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi blokes,
i recently got a bit of work done to my 07 ssv ute, auto. 130k.
KPM Stage 3 power package.
only dynoed at 310kw at the wheels and a estimated 409kw at the flywheel,
considering she went in at 210kw at the wheels there is a notable difrrence to power but i want more, im new to the whole modifications side of things, is there any drive line upgrades i should be looking at to get more of that to the wheels? trans work and supercharger is on the list but awhile off yet. open to more ideas on further upgrading it as well.

cheers
I've been looking into whats possible keeping reliability in the equasion and bolting a s/charger at a lower boost with flowed heads etc will acheive 400 rw kw approx. Any more boost on a alloy factory block is hold your nuts and hope for the best. Your gunna need 20-30k+ to do a fresh power upgrade at least . To add to your existing 130km+ engine suited Heads, cam, headers, s/charger etc l can assume 15k+ without labour at the least. Your bottom end will last ( "how long is a piece of string") not forgetting the auto either if it's aged.

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been looking into whats possible keeping reliability in the equasion and bolting a s/charger at a lower boost with flowed heads etc will acheive 400 rw kw approx. Any more boost on a alloy factory block is hold your nuts and hope for the best. Your gunna need 20-30k+ to do a fresh power upgrade at least . To add to your existing 130km+ engine suited Heads, cam, headers, s/charger etc l can assume 15k+ without labour at the least. Your bottom end will last ( "how long is a piece of string") not forgetting the auto either if it's aged.
all cam work and related parts are 200km old so still relatively fresh, so with out spending double the 10k i just out laid on that. the ratios and a box tune are essentially the most effective way to get more of that flywheel to the rears? id be happy with high 300s really as im more than likely going to get in trouble with what i have as it is. at the end of the day i just want more otherwise ill start my vl project.

how ever what do you mean by fresh power upgrade? just curious as to what parts are we talking about?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
all cam work and related parts are 200km old so still relatively fresh, so with out spending double the 10k i just out laid on that. the ratios and a box tune are essentially the most effective way to get more of that flywheel to the rears? id be happy with high 300s really as im more than likely going to get in trouble with what i have as it is. at the end of the day i just want more otherwise ill start my vl project.

how ever what do you mean by fresh power upgrade? just curious as to what parts are we talking about?
A rebuild suited to 4-500 rwkw for example.. that's fresh.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57

If you are unable to reach say 300rwkw with what you have already then something got to change l guess. Changing diff ratio will sometimes throw a spanner in the equasion if your alterations/upgrades are tailored to your current base features. For example If you pay 1k for a tailored tune and that's all the power you have a engine build is the option l would look towards.