Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more power?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv uterus & Vl executive
If you are unable to reach say 300rwkw with what you have already then something got to change l guess. Changing diff ratio will sometimes throw a spanner in the equasion if your alterations/upgrades are tailored to your current base features. For example If you pay 1k for a tailored tune and that's all the power you have a engine build is the option l would look towards.

righto too easy mate thanks for the info, for what its worth thoe the kpm 3inch, otr, tune and stage 2 cam is bloody awesome to drive and sounds mental. guess im a sucker for chasing more haha

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
righto too easy mate thanks for the info, for what its worth thoe the kpm 3inch, otr, tune and stage 2 cam is bloody awesome to drive and sounds mental. guess im a sucker for chasing more haha
lf 10k has only given you 40rwkw or less than 300 rwkw may have been best to keep saving and do it all the first time with a outcome of rwkw guarantee give or take 5. All the best.

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
lf 10k has only given you 40rwkw or less than 300 rwkw may have been best to keep saving and do it all the first time with a outcome of rwkw guarantee give or take 5. All the best.
ute went in at 210rwkw came out at 310rwkw and estimated 409kw at the flywheel. was exepcting more but still overall have average tyres trans probably needs a tune. cheers mate

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Can’t say I’ve had experience with the 3.7 gears in an auto, only 3.9s with a manual and that was a great upgrade what do u mean needs a tune? It’s just had one hasn’t it?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can’t say I’ve had experience with the 3.7 gears in an auto, only 3.9s with a manual and that was a great upgrade what do u mean needs a tune? It’s just had one hasn’t it?

awesome well ill have a yarn to the bloke whos been working on it see what he rekns if they even do it.
if i was to do it myself or source the parts to doit what would i be looking at getting?

haha sorry old habbits die hard, my tranny was flaring before the tune always blamed it a bit for lack of power hoping the tune has worked but have only done 200kms on it so unsure yet.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
awesome well ill have a yarn to the bloke whos been working on it see what he rekns if they even do it.
if i was to do it myself or source the parts to doit what would i be looking at getting?

haha sorry old habbits die hard, my tranny was flaring before the tune always blamed it a bit for lack of power hoping the tune has worked but have only done 200kms on it so unsure yet.
The Camaro deep pan and wide mouth pick up combo is a good low cost upgrade to your tranny and will help with the flaring.

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Spend the money on suspension and braking to help you get that power to the ground. 310rwkw is enough for some fun, and 100rwkw gain is decent.

What are your plans for the car? Cruiser? Drag racing?

Does it have a histall? What are the cam specs?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Camaro deep pan and wide mouth pick up combo is a good low cost upgrade to your tranny and will help with the flaring.

i was looking into that before i decided i was gonna send it to a builder think it was sure shift autos in briz but moved to s.a

out of curiosity does anyone know of any builder/ packages out there doing this work? 6L80E upgrade/reinforcement?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spend the money on suspension and braking to help you get that power to the ground. 310rwkw is enough for some fun, and 100rwkw gain is decent.

What are your plans for the car? Cruiser? Drag racing?

Does it have a histall? What are the cam specs?

yeah im heading that way now with suspension then brakes, then looking into ethier trans or fuel systems and throttle body.
and for plans at the moment really i just want to build somthing fun/insane for the sake of it really. dont know about drags but havnt really thought about it so more likely just cruising mate. as for cam spec i dont know they dont advertise, ill be asking when i see them next and no stall just stock

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...