Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More Proof Holden Hates Commodore

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
I saw this on TV the other night, the last guy asking for a Holden that doesn't look like his dad's :

Less than subtle dig at the Holdens of the past, they really can't wait for the last dinosaur to leave the showroom !

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Last edited:

PA38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon
Well in 30 years time they will all be bidding on an old 2017 VF11 Redline and telling each other "but they only cost around $65000.00 back then"
I wish my old man had bought more than one of these V8 dinosaurs with a manual gearbox that I have know idea how to operate.
And whats that third pedal for on the left hand side ??????

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
  • The real disgrace is the answer to questions like "is it possible to buy a car made in Australia like Dad's?" or "is it possible to buy a car built by Holden?" ..... "nah, son, we're the dumb country where all we can make is 15 different types of coffee".

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The reality is that younger people want smaller cars. The market is competitive and they are trying to make astra 'cool'. No suprises...
But.....
Astra will never sell as well as corolla, mazda 3 , golf or i30...
Holden is going downhill...

Last edited:

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Do you get a free latte if you buy an Astra?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Well in 30 years time they will all be bidding on an old 2017 VF11 Redline and telling each other "but they only cost around $65000.00 back then"
I wish my old man had bought more than one of these V8 dinosaurs with a manual gearbox that I have know idea how to operate.
And whats that third pedal for on the left hand side ??????

Do you really think the VF will be that sought after, or even survive for 30 years? It's had its time in the sun, like the H series did, and now it's done and dusted. The name is going to wallow, they'll realise people arent buying it, retire it. And in 30 years, if any still exist they'll be sub 10k purchases.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
If this guy doesnt like the sound of 6.2L's of bent eight thrashing around under the bonnet than this idiot obviously must have a vagina!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Everyone wants 6.2L of bent-eight thrashing around under the bonnet.
Not everyone can afford to feed 6.2L of bent-eight thrashing around under the bonnet.
And frankly, the planet can't really handle everyone driving around with 6.2L of bent-eight thrashing around under the bonnet.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Do you really think the VF will be that sought after, or even survive for 30 years? It's had its time in the sun, like the H series did, and now it's done and dusted. The name is going to wallow, they'll realise people arent buying it, retire it. And in 30 years, if any still exist they'll be sub 10k purchases.
I'm sorry but with all due respect, what a load of garbage.
I've been on the lookout for a VH SL/E or VL Calais as a project/weekender for a while now, and the prices they are selling for are eye watering. A bog stock SL/E in average condition just sold for $19k on ebay the other day. Even wrecks riddled with rust are fetching $5-10k. Try finding a decent VL Calais turbo for less than $25k... it just wont happen. Looking back to how cheap these cars were 15-20 years ago, I wish I had bought 10 and stored them.
Look at the prices classic muscle cars such as Monaros and Toranas are fetching these days, at some stage I'm sure they were considered worthless too.
What makes you think a VF is unable to survive 30 years? That is just a baseless assumption and quite silly tbh.
And being the last Australian made Holdens, they will definitely be highly regarded and sought after in years to come.