Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More Proof Holden Hates Commodore

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
if you're not grown up enough to have a conversation then run away.
I'm not running away, I'm being the bigger man and walking away because arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall and is obviously getting nowhere so I'm not going to waste any more of my time and energy on it.
I will leave it up to others to form their own opinions on what was said.
Now goodbye.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Sab. You need to give it a rest. Zero never claimed that V8 sales were the Greater Proportion of sales.

I'm pretty confident that Holden themselves would agree that one third of total Commodore sales being V8's was, at the very least, a SIGNIFICANT proportion.
Thank you. At least others here get it.

Last edited:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
10364_Black.jpg

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sab. You need to give it a rest. Zero never claimed that V8 sales were the Greater Proportion of sales.
He claimed it made up a large chunk, and given that Commodores arent that big of a seller for Holden anymore it's not a big chunk however you slice it.
V8's still make up a large chunk of Holden sales.

I didnt even jump down his throat and start quoting total car sale statistics and the tiny portion of which would be V8's. I actually saw that he would have meant Commodores and played the ball, not the man on that.

I'm pretty confident that Holden themselves would agree that one third of total Commodore sales being V8's was, at the very least, a SIGNIFICANT proportion.
This whole 1/3 line of bullshit stemmed from the question of, given $60k. what would people spend it on. This is how the conversation went:

Go sub $60k and you're in a Golf GTi R.
Much more car for your money. And performance is pretty similar. 0 to 100 in 5.2 seconds from a 2 Litre 4 Cylinder. The Redline is around the 4.9 second mark. Add in fuel usage, interior design and features etc etc.
Fuel use? Who cares.
Everybody who voted with their feet away from the Commodore.
V8's still make up a large chunk of Holden sales.

The fact is - The Commodore sales figures have been struggling as people move away from them to smaller, more fuel efficient cars. To say that the proof that people dont care about fuel is because 1 in 3 vehicles sold is a V8 doesnt disprove the initial point i was making. Of course people are going to buy V8's for recreational purposes or dick slinging rights in the carpark but as an overall, people are taking fuel consumption into regard and the fact that they're not buying the feature packed V8 models over the V6 models (as can be seen in the 2 to 1 sales figures) my initial point stands true. And the rest of the bullshit about trying to justify it is just that.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
ahahahahahahahaha......

Im sure that's how the financial people at GM head office look at it too.

Hank:-"Well Bob, we sold 1952 Commodores in August (2016) and 650 of them were V8's"
Bob:-"Whoa...those Aussies are such glutens for their V8's. That means they only bought 1302 V6 models. I cant believe how well the V8 sales are going, we should totally continue on offering that model because that's what the majority of the market wants in Commodores. Is V8's"
Hank:-"But Bob, they sold twice as many V6 Commodores as they did V8's"
Bob:-"Damn it Hank, dont try and come at me with logic and numbers. If i had a cake and you at one third of it, i'd think you were pretty greedy"
Hank:-"Bob.....i'd still have the larger part of the pie so you can take your tiny portion and **** off.
Hahhaha too funny.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
MMMMMMMMM..............PIES!!!!!!
All this talk of pies is making me hungry!
If I had 1/3 of a family pie I'd feel pretty satisfied......
but if I had 1/3 of a regular pie I'd still be hungry......
Are we talking about family cars?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I just lost ten minutes of my life reading this tit for tat drivel

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'd say the marketing people know they have knowwhere else to hide with the shite selection of cars they now have to offer so this new bisexual hipster bullshit is all they can come up with as a last roll of the dice.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
MMMMMMMMM..............PIES!!!!!!
All this talk of pies is making me hungry!
If I had 1/3 of a family pie I'd feel pretty satisfied......
but if I had 1/3 of a regular pie I'd still be hungry......
Are we talking about family cars?
We're trying to!

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
When you see a car that is being sold on the basis of having four cup holders, it seems to tell me you don't have a great all around product to sell. If you look at the Holden website for the Trax for example. The engine and specs are the last thing it is selling.

The Astra, Cascada, Cruze, Spark and Barina are hardly market leaders and while the Astra is a pretty well put together car in its latest version, is it going to be high on your list when shopping?

Maybe the new "Commodore" will be its savior but do you really think so?