Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More questions about high pitched audio noises

Julz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I have a VT commodore. I am getting the high pitched noise through the speakers, but this only happens when i turn on the headlights. Also when i turn on the headlights the backlight in the LCD of the headunit goes out.
Any thoughts?
I am using the stock headunit.

Also i have space for 6x9's on the rear shelf, and wires to connect them, can the stock headunit control 6 speakers?

Last edited:
V

vpcrappadoor

get it looked at by a auto electricion.....disconnect the current rear speakers and hook up 7x10`s heaps better than 6x9s

D

Darkwander

Julz said:
I have a VT commodore. I am getting the high pitched noise through the speakers, but this only happens when i turn on the headlights. Also when i turn on the headlights the backlight in the LCD of the headunit goes out.
Any thoughts?
I am using the stock headunit.

Also i have space for 6x9's on the rear shelf, and wires to connect them, can the stock headunit control 6 speakers?

I had the same thing in my VN , what is was with that was the power cord for the Amp running past or two close to the Computer. See if your cable is near the Computer , if it , you can buy a filter from Supercheap for about 17 dollars and it will get rid of the noise.