Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MOR's 2011 Mazda3 MPS daily

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
New daily for the city commute, pick it up on Saturday. November 2011 MPS with 14,600 km on the clock.

Not a total fan of the looks, particularly the grin at the front but the missus likes it. Its basically a replacement for her Barina that we have been using for the daily commute for the last few years.

Pretty hilarious to drive, 190kW and 380 Nm of torque stuffed into a hatchback, 0-100km/hr in 6.1 seconds. Front wheel drive means epic torque steer but isn't an issue unless you are really up it.

The thing I like about it is it drives just like every other Mazda3 around town, until you bury your right foot. Power comes on like a lightswitch.

Leather, sat nav, dual zone climate control, six speed box and Bose audio.

Crappy phone pics taken at dealer on a cloudy day:

8a6m.jpg

vwjm.jpg

u8oa.jpg

Hunting around for some matt black Enkei's, hopefully GTC01's. Failing that I'll just get the original rims resprayed to get this look:

smyr.jpg

3grb.jpg

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks man, it felt pretty solid on the road so hopefully not too many problems.

Asking TireRack for a shipping quote for a set of black Oz Allegerita wheels and tyres :yeah:

If I can get the lot landed at my door for under $3k including shipping and applicable duty then thats a bargain, compared to locally priced Oz Racing wheels!

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Beaurepaires never got back to me, however Bridgestone did.

$695 per wheel including tyre fitting and balancing. Tyres extra of course. So $2780 + maybe $1200 for tyres = $3980 local price.

TireRack quote for the same wheels and a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports is around AU$3350 landed at my door.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
For some reason I can't see any pics. Wouldn't mind having one of these though I prefer the look of the 6 MPS, added weight wouldn't be as quick though ;)
We have a Turbo Diesel 3 for our daily and it's great, not as quick but has the torque to play with V6 Commos (360NM)
The new Skyactive diesels look good too, 20% better fuel economy with 420nm torque. I'll have a look at the pics on the home computer I am guessing they are blocked for some reason. How's the MPS on fuel as well?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunno about fuel yet, we pick it up tomorrow. I think driven normally it should be ok. Combined figures are 9.9 L/100km.

I think it should achieve below 10 L/100km on the daily commute down the motorway. The car I'm using now (2 litre 5 speed Suzuki GV with lift kit, AT's and bash plates gets around 9.6 L/100km).

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Fair enough sounds good. I assume you're in WA, I drove past a white one on the way home actually but obviously not you (yet)