Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MOR's 2011 Mazda3 MPS daily

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i like it, looks like a nice sporty little car.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looks like good fun.
guessing it's a bit like a go kart when driving it a bit spirited?

very tidy.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So is your mrs car?

Dude, she may now have the faster car of you two.

Looks nice though, last two pics make it look fantastic

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Fair enough sounds good. I assume you're in WA, I drove past a white one on the way home actually but obviously not you (yet)

Nah I'm in Brisbane. Not too many white ones around.

i like it, looks like a nice sporty little car.

Cheers, goes alright when you lay the boot in.

looks like good fun.
guessing it's a bit like a go kart when driving it a bit spirited?

Not as much of a go cart like the old barina, but its fairly rigid. No flex at all on speedhumps, traversing driveways etc. Suspension set up is a fair bit harder than the WRX hatch.

So is your mrs car?

Dude, she may now have the faster car of you two.

Looks nice though, last two pics make it look fantastic

Yeah its the mrs car pretty much, although I'll be driving it to work when I can. This thing spanks the old 304.

Will look great on matte black rims, just got to find ones we like or try and get the Oz Racing wheels for a better price.

The 2013 MPS has black wheels - I rang Mazda and they quoted me $814 per wheel minus rubber!!!!

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
The white is the best colour of this, especially in the sun with the gold pearl.
Will look amazing with the wheels, a couple at work come in with a similar wheel from tsw and the look killer, and Frogsta, the skyactive feels so sluggish the diesel motor has a much nicer feel.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah I meant the Skyactive-D for Diesel, 2.2L I think? Mine's the 2.0 Diesel or whatever before the newer ones. And MOR I thought you meant WA because of the mines, I wasn't aware brisbane was having a boom

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, filled it up this afternoon and stopped by the shopping centre on the way to the inlaws. Came back via the motorway. Average fuel consumption is sitting on 7.5 L/100km which is a lot better than I expected. Given we drive the motorway everyday I'm happy with that.

Yeah I meant the Skyactive-D for Diesel, 2.2L I think? Mine's the 2.0 Diesel or whatever before the newer ones. And MOR I thought you meant WA because of the mines, I wasn't aware brisbane was having a boom

It was (coal) when I put that there hehe. I generally move around for work but have been in Brisbane for the last 6 years. Looks like it may be time to move again.

Fantastic car mate. I love these things (work at a Mazda service department myself). Would love to own one and do it up. I also agree white is by far the best colour and will look sweet as with the black rims!

Thanks man, not too many white ones around.

Does Mazda keep service records on a central database?

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Yeah dont think Ive ever seen a white one at my work. Only the Aluminum & Blue mostly! That Crystal White Pearl really glimmers in the sunlight though and looks great!

And yeah I think they do mate. I don't work in the front office part to know for 100% but I am pretty sure they do.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah dont think Ive ever seen a white one at my work. Only the Aluminum & Blue mostly! That Crystal White Pearl really glimmers in the sunlight though and looks great!

And yeah I think they do mate. I don't work in the front office part to know for 100% but I am pretty sure they do.

Cheers for that Macca. I'm going to ring Mazda just to verify. It has had 3 services according to the logbook but I don't entirely trust used car dealers.

I mean it looks legit and the condition of the car checks out for something that has done 14,600km, as does the REVS check, but I'd just like to double check.

I'll post some better pics when the weather clears up.