Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
dunno why he punched it in, its a HQ boot lock, sticking a screwdriver in it would of opened it, **** a 5c piece could of probably unlocked it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i vote 308, because it's original. if not, a Big Block Chev:D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Imagine a 502ci big block in a rusty old HQ...

800px-Chevy502CID.jpg

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Ahh,the good old HQ,no doubt the best colour for that model too.If it was me i would restore it to original again,keep the bench seat and interior colour too.Id bolster up the seat to give some support as they have none.
Build the running gear nice and strong and ADD all the features you want.
Dont lighten it up to get more power just give it enough power so you never notice the extra weight.
I got a HQ kikgswood a few years ago for $700,dark green 4.2 tbar auto,factory black bucket seat interior(mint)The old guy had every reciept from day one(including fuel)and the thing never had a radio fitted just the black panel.
That one should have been a keeper(need to checkout the HQ Statesman i found hidden away nearby)
Good luck with it.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Morton has found himself a real car....:p

Looks like a nice pick up Dan, but please, please tell me you will be keeping the single headlight front! HQ's should always have a single headlight front on them. :D

Crate 454 and turbo 400 would be nice. :yeah:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hahah, a real car ^_^ There's no way I'm touching part of the body :) I love it exactly how it is, and you're right - the single headlights are the meanest thing out :D

Ado, I'm very tempted to keep the brown interior, and just retrim the whole thing. I love the idea of keeping everything original, and the brown isn't THAT bad ^_^

Hmmm... it won't take me more than a year to save up the required funds:

chev chevy 454 big block engine camaro holden monaro - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Jul-09 20:10:23 AEST)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's gorgeous :)

All I would need to do is find a way to fit a 454, a good manifold, and a good carby on there without cutting a hole in the bonnet :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Then there goes that idea out the window :p I'm not cutting a hole in the bonnet!!

*stands with arms folded*

does a 350 with a low rise + quaddy fit in there comfortably?

Keeping in mind that I don't need a million horsepower :) I intend to put my torque down through 205/215s, so really - the less the better ^_^