Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Needs more Chev...I am disappoint :p

Na, seriously it's quiet a sensible conversion really and a fairly simple one. I'm sure you won't need it, but if you need any guidance just ask, been there done that.

Is that Stockys Clubsport? Or just one that looks very similar to it?
Very similar. This thing's a nugget compared to Mike's lol. Balancer-to-crank bolt SNAPPED when I was giving it a test drive around the block. At about 3000rpm. Good times.
Conversion -should- be relatively straight-forward, the only thing I may enjoy is making the cruise/trip computer work when it was already broken in the Clubby to start with ^_^

Give ya $50 for the 202 ;)
Auction begins. I was actually thinking of re-painting it and setting it up... ... inside the house? We'll see if I can get away with that ^_^

mmm fun times, gonna look awesome with the 5lt bolted in the engine bay!! all nice and shiny :boxing:
And hopefully a little quicker up the hills than the old 202. Just a little. That's all I need :)

Why is the last bolt on your crane listed as "2kg"
We drilled an extra hole even further down the end of the shaft (didn't come with it), for extra reach into engine bays and extra lift :)
Probably unsafe as **** so I've load rated it at 2kg just to be on the safe side. OH&S and all that.

turnkey by Sunday?
I see you hiding there, Adrian ^_^ Maybe painted and re-assembled by Sunday. Will need to have the 5HDD looked at prior to installation though.

Oooooh nice. I love that cruise knob. Cable kit looks like fun, too! Will do more investigation once she's together. But that cruise knob is REEEEEALLL tempting.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
As she sits now, having gasket faces cleaned up. A little sludgy (I bet someone ran GTX in this at some point), but otherwise good. Main bearings look fine. Rear main seal needs attention.

7VyEV.jpg

The beast in waiting

83oOt.jpg

Bits to be freshened up or replaced

HKWpE.jpg

To-do

x4cTY.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm impressed with your planning for future jobs. Much more interesting (and accurate - ie "headaches") than a simple "to-do" list.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I like it too, mine ends up in my head, cos I can't find a pen and paper, then I forget things.
That seems to work.

I'm kinda jelly of the sweet sound it's gunna make

Sent from your god, for you to worship and give money

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm impressed with your planning for future jobs. Much more interesting (and accurate - ie "headaches") than a simple "to-do" list.
I like it too, mine ends up in my head, cos I can't find a pen and paper, then I forget things.
That seems to work.

I'm kinda jelly of the sweet sound it's gunna make

lol having it down with pretty pictures gives me somewhere to jot down ideas when they occur to me, and a picture reference for later if those ideas don't really make sense :p

Sweet sound will hopefully be enhanced by twin pipes with oldschool crossover (H-pipe not X-pipe)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Also, housemates were away today, so I took the opportunity to do some cleaning while nobody was looking:

4aawm.jpg

mutEB.jpg