Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Yeah thats correct.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Cheers guys :) That's good to hear. I should be able to put up with it.

Should be picking up the diff tonight! Good thing I don't have a wagon, or I'd be tempted to bolt it up tonight! :eek:

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
3.73's? Damn that's a pretty much the same as the E series final drive ratio.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
traction:bang: seems to be whats holding us all back, i'd love to know what i can get without wheelspin. 3.73:1 ratio definitly going to help the cause.

have you done a full 1/4mile run? the MPH is a good indicator of actual power produced

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't think Morton lives in a area that's safe enough to run the full 1/4 on, even where I live it's risky, you just never know on what backroad a highway patrol car will be cruising down.

Mine makes 103 mph on the gtech, well it's faster now but that was last time I tried a few months ago, that should be about 98 on the track which is averaged

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
How much does your car weigh Foamy??

My car ran 13.4 @ 102 MPH with highway gears in it and the manual! (before intercooler & current mods)

I reckon with a bit better gears i could have done a flat 13 or mabye even a very high 12! How accurate is the g tech with the MPH???

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's accurate but on the track it has to time you from around the the 1000? foot mark and then average that with the time at the end of the track to get a speed so depending on how fast your car is you will read more on the gtech as it give you the speed right at the finish. Cars that run a high 12 will be about 8 mph faster on the gtech, high 13 low 14 second cars will be about 5 mph and 15 second cars would be like 3 mph more on the gtech when compared to a track mph but the ET's are within .15 even on a fast car and the old gtech (you can change your time more than that by changing where you stage on the track anyway so .15 is good).

102 mph is alot more power to weight than 98, it doesn't sound much but really it is, you only need about 105 mph to make a 13 flat. Not sure how much my car weighs but it would still be allmost 200kgs heavier than your Hatchback. But yeah even gaining half a mph is a good gain

Hi Morton :), How's those gears look?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hahaha, funnily enough I never ended up picking them up on Saturday.

Just my luck - I went to the bank to withdraw the $500, and the ATM swallowed my card. Just never gave it back to me. The transaction ended, and the $500 never came out.

I called the customer help line, and they said the dispute claim will take about two weeks to be completed. o_O

WTF!

So I'm trying to re-assure the bloke on ebay that I'm fair dinkum and not wasting his time :p So ****ed off. I'm going into the bank tomorrow to kick up a fuss and see if they can do something short-term like extend my credit card. I've been pretty ill all weekend, so no car work was done.

I've never taken the opportunity to do a full 1/4 yet. I may do one once the car's running exactly how I want it to be - but as greenfoam said, it's not particularly safe. I'll leave the quarter mile runs for an actual drag strip :)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Hahaha, funnily enough I never ended up picking them up on Saturday.

Just my luck - I went to the bank to withdraw the $500, and the ATM swallowed my card. Just never gave it back to me. The transaction ended, and the $500 never came out.

so did u or didnt get charged 500 bux ( i know u didnt get it, i was wondering if the machine thinks u got it) and i told u that would happen sooner or later