Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
I used to have a blue VP with cop rims and air intake, was the best V6 commodore I have ever had. It was a freak car, it went hard(better than any other V6 I have driven, including VY's), thrashed every day for almost a year until the trans started to slip, so I sold her. Should have kept it...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
- 15*7 genuine interceptors purchased, and fitted out with 225 rubber on the rear, for traction purposes ($250)

Hahaha, goodbye to retreads? Looks good with a bit of a clean. Where were those photos taken? With that old looking wheel and stuff?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
hahaha, go on - you keep on making fun of my cable ties... but one day I'll craft them into a surprisingly effective supercharger - then who'll be laughing!? :D

grennan - lol, no - the retreads ARE my 225s ^^ rofl!

sif a tightarse like me would buy new 225s for any purpose.

But those photos were taken up in the Christmas Hills on private property, down one of many, many unsealed side streets. :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It very nice and my favorite V6 on the forums :), how's the diff gear schedule going?. What brand retread did you get the highway MAX 225s?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Ahh, you flatter me, greenfoam ^^

The diff-gear schedule has been financially set back by an unfortunate incident involving my water pump bearing and a shredded timing belt. Still on the cards, though. It'll just take a little longer to get the moneys together. It's certainly something I hope to achieve by the start of next year.

I'm also looking for some superlows to pop in under the rear control arms, and maybe, in the future, some roller-rockers. I'll see what I decide about the cost-v-benefit, though. May be worth hunting down second-hand extractors first. But then I think that superlows would look nicer than my current lows, but would really detract from the stock look, so maybe I'll skip them. I have the front riding on superlows, but you can't really tell at first glance. It doesn't look lowered, but it looks nice. I love it :D

Cheers for your input into the car sofar, greenfoam :) If it wasn't for your many words of wisdom, and constant praise of the mighty g-tech, I probably wouldn't be running less than 8 :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
noooooooooooo not the rockers, now that you are practiced on the waterpump, do some diy porting and bolt some heads on :) it's gota be first on the list of serious mods since it costs almost nothing, just your time and gaskets and makes more power than any other mod you can do

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Ohh my, you know greenfoam - you're going to be the death of me. And the problem is, I know you're right. I should, shouldn't I :p

Biggest issue here, is that I work 5 days a week, and need the car to get there. I'd love to have a week to spill her guts and take my time doing some good work under the hood.

I'll... think about it ;)

And to answer your previous question, I ended up buying 225 bridgestone retreads for $45 each fitted. I remembered about the Highway Maxx brand later that night, and kicked myself hard. Once these tyres burn themselves out (or peel away from themselves), I'll hunt down those 225 remoulds. Better than retreads, too - and they come with the greenfoam stamp of approval!

Time to start searching for threads on d.i.y. porting ^^

edit: I guess I could buy a set of shagged heads off the wreckers, and practice on them... then buy a proper set, do them up beautifully, and fit them to my car in a weekend. Time to google articles - thread search is coming up dry :p

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just some cheap ones from the wreckers that haven't had much of a hard life. Port them, then a quick seat grind and that's good enough for budget style porting :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I popped down to the wreckers today, in fact, to suss out some suitable engines.

I know there's a difference between the VN and VP style intake runners... am I correct in remembering that the VN intake manifold was a little longer? I'm fairly certain they wouldn't be cross-compatible, but it's a little food for thought if I was going to take them off...