Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
baaaahahahahaha ^^ :D :rofl:

But seriously... :whistling

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
oh yeah i still got your radio. what paint did you use for your centre console?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Ahhh yes, you do. I'll have to retrieve that from you at some point!!

I used a combination of many fine layers of VHT Satin Black vinyl paint, (alternated by a light sanding) followed by VHT Gloss Black coats, with more light sanding. Here's a piccy of what it looked like when I did it a year ago, because I still have no new GOOD photos of it :p (that night-time one looks rubbish)

Attachments

• console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 208

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey Morton don't get toooo carried away with your car because I had a plan that if I get a SV5000 next year I'll have to sell my VP to you :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hahahaha ^^ Oh... ... *wets his pants*

Even if this were to eventuate, I still love my car, and I love getting down and dirty ^^ (take THAT out of context!)

It'll be a learning experience, and I've been DYING for an opportunity to rip the guts of this engine apart :) it's also a good excuse to ride a bike and get fit :D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vn-vp-holden-commodore-1988-1993/37691-v6-head-porting.html

have a squiz at that thread, links to a few good articles and pics of ported heads, etc.

That's an awesome link, Hakhawk! :D Cheers! :thumbsup:

Some good article links in there, too. Seems like the sort of thing I could waste many days doing ^^

But for now, some more practical projects:

tomorrow, I intend to remove and refit all the door seals (some are playing up, as they do, and patchwork always phails), solve two of my most annoying mystery rattles, and prevent my window from falling off its rails, by drilling a bolt through the end of the guide.

I have my work set out for me! Not the sort of things anybody will ever notice on a cruise, but they matter to -me- :dance:

It's doing those little things that really bring you and your car together :p

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
hey mortan saw u and ur car afew weeks back at the cruise and wow wat can i say mate nice ride hope to seeing u soon maybe u can help me with my lil problems i been having with the vs.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hey, cheers pete :D Appreciate the comments ^^ hope to see you again at a cruise sometime soon :) Commodores always have something to keep you on your toes!

Sofar, the door seals have evaded me. Still too lazy - it's the biggest project on my list of stuff that annoys me.

Window - fixed. Re-aligned the pivot of the guides, and that seemed to keep the window in line for now. It's winding straight, but it's a lot tougher to move than it used to be... oh well, at least it's not trying to jump out of my door anymore ^^

And the rattle... you wouldn't believe it. After months of pressing my hands against every panel in the damn car, and running my ear around the entire interior - the rattle was coming from my exhaust heat shield, just before the axle-over bend! Hah! Turns out removing all my sound deadening from the back of the car allowed the rattle to be heard more clearly, which is why it's been giving me the royal craps this last month :p hahaha SO glad that's over now. Much better.

Meanwhile, here's another pic from the Christmas Hills. This time, a good look at the back of my baby, showing off those phat 225s, and towbar which is now removed in preparation for my next g-tech run ^^

Render_4.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's a real nice lookign VP, there's not many in that colour around where I live, lucky for me there's lots of maroon ones or I'd be arrested by now:p, My VN looks alot like your VP with the same silver ceptors but its got faded paint now days. I'm going to pain it in a couple months though :) pulse red as per this Monaro

This colour, I'll post it up one time once its painted:)

Attachments

• 101182_3mg.jpg
    101182_3mg.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 190

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
nice to see things going well, i'm thinking about getting some ceptors also for the VN as then i can fit bigger rubber under her bum also, 195's just aren't designed for traction (just for fryin maybe;) ) 7.35 is afairly respectable time, the early tune will help with all the extra spark advance they have. will be redoing my tune with more advance today. that will hopefully see me in the sub 7sec 0-60mph club and hit 14's what fuel you running in yours, 91 or 95 or you really love your engine and run premium?