Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I know it doesn't look much, but she's my rollin' pride and joy :yeah:

September 1991 Commodore Executive Series 1, 3.8 V6 (194,000km). Former fleet car, driven mainly around country Australia (and behind the dash trim I have acres of red dust to prove it), with full service history up to 160,000.

Custom faded blue paint, designer upholstery tears, optional boot rust, and aftermarket raised springs (not really, but you wouldn't know to look at her.)

She's everything you'd expect for $2000, and a whole lot more ^^

Here's some of the small mods I've performed so far, to give her that personal touch:

Engine: Pod filter, bellmouth removed, throttle stopper ground back, and whole chunks of earth and rust excavated from the coolant overflow tank.

Interior: VS roof light, with two directional map lights, VS gear selector (pictured), centre trim (around the head unit and climate control, down to the handbrake and beyond) sprayed gloss black (pictured), and a cup holder for coffee and maccas coke.

Sound: Alpine head unit (pictured), which I installed myself after painstakingly decoding the circuit diagram from the Haynes repair manual. Thieves be warned, it's mounted and secured entirely with folded newspaper and cloth tape... the previous owner had problems with his installation, and was able to break every screw, mount and bracket in the cluster. 12" Fusion Sub, mounted tightly behind the passenger seat so I can hear all 200 watts being delivered through my equally cheap Fusion amplifier. This also stops the bass being a full beat behind. All my treble is taken care of by two hole-riddled cardboard cones "mounted" in the dashboard atop cracked plastic and rusty screws.

Exhaust: I sprayed the tip black, but it washed off. :(

Holden Forever :thumbsup:

Future mods: 215 tyres on the back (currently running 205s on all four), 2.5" exhaust with straight-through muffler and no tip (because I'm jewish), lowered springs + shocks + panhard rod if a set ever come up at the wreckers, tinted windows, nicer seats (calais ones maybe?), level 2 dash cluster, and anything else I think of that I can reasonably afford.

Peace ^^

Attachments

• vp1.jpg
    vp1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 757
  • console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 852
  • pod.jpg
    pod.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 897
  • fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 828
  • vp2.jpg
    vp2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
:rofl: "Custom faded blue paint, designer upholstery tears, optional boot rust, and aftermarket raised springs (not really, but you wouldn't know to look at her.)
"

Awesome man. Nice car though, good pickup for the price and amount of k's :thumbsup:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
thats gold mate. low k's a bonus. now to respray it, drop it, make it louder and some nice wheels.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Thanks for the comments ^^ I was also pleased to find a receipt in the glove box stating that the auto trans had been reconditioned only 20,000km ago, at a cost of $800. Means I shouldn't be running into any problems with that in the near future.

I'm interested in getting a decent 2.25" or 2.5" cat-back stuck on the car within the next couple of weeks.

Does anybody have any experience with dealers in the Melbourne area, who would be able to recommend a specific garage? I've done a little bit of hunting, but most people seem to want to sell me a redback 2.5" mandrel exhaust for around $470... I'm thinking I could do a little bit better.

I've read the threads about it, and the names "Lukey Ultra Flow" and "Redback" crop up a bit. Any opinions, experiences etc people could add? I'm after more low-end power (2.25" probably?), and -legal- amounts of sound. I've heard the Redback 2.5" system puts out about 89db (just legal). What's the general deal with a Lukey ultra flow system? :)

I don't want the exhaust to "drone", either. I'm after more of a raw, "unsmoothed" tone. But you know, that's just being picky :p

All comments and opinions welcomed, as I'd like to get this purchase right the first time ^^

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
It is good to see someone else who loves thier VP as much as I do no matter what stage of thier life they are in. It looks good.

Marz.
Who is jealous cause my VP has 300K

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Looks clean,low km and @ a good price - dont stress over the paint, can be fixed nitta polish / fresh respray/ with ur mods already including the interior and pod i am sure it looks and goes nicely.

Got the VP :) I recommend the 2.25" system cat back - "Lukey Ultra Flow" Muffler +VTSS Tip and full coolant flush include trans and engine service and you wont know the old girl

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
"It is good to see someone else who loves thier VP as much as I do no matter what stage of their life they are in. It looks good." - Thanks ^^ That's all they need. A little TLC, and they should give you years of joy. Great cars :D

"welcome to the faded blue vp club." - :rofl:

And I noticed you swear by the lukey ultra flows Subdue :) What sort of sound do you get from yours? And more importantly, is it EPA friendly? ^^

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
love the vp's without spoilers! nice ass! lol!