Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Ive been driving a queensland car around vic for two years :p

Ohh Daniel in a v8. This calls for a Arthurs Seat run. Thatll be the real test.

the real test is if he can turn it.. A standard vq statesman handles like a "dead camel" according to dan...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
nice one mate, bout time u got a v8 and i bet ure loving it, gotto love the VQ's, should never have sold mine.

definately get rid of the spoiler and ya gonna rip all the unecersary weight out of this one too? one thing i love about VQ's are the clock in the roof, i love them.

and that number plate makes me think the devil is in the kkk lol

hahaha yeah, it's not too bad. It's slowly growing on me... hard to let go of the VP. It's obviously nowhere near as fast as the VP, but it'll get there. And then some.

And yes, at some point this baby's coming apart, and all the "go-quiet" bits are coming out :)

verrrrrrry nice, i was shattered to see a spoiler and not a lip :(

so when is the front and rear superlows going in? ;)

ohhhh i can imagine the fun your going to have with this one ....

Superlows should happen... I dunno. Maybe later. I'm not really very rich lately! And yes, the spoiler is a bit of a letdown. Makes it less attractive to cops though, because it's infinitely uncool.

PHOTOSHOP FTW!!!! :p

very nice man, by chance was it owned by a white supremacist who worshiped satan?

what economy you getting on it? :p

lol, economy is around 11 L/100 when I baby it around town. 12 with traffic. On the drive back from Sydney I managed an average of 8.5 L/100 before my hilly detour, and 8.9 L/100 for the entire trip.

LMFAO @ KKK:666 too bad you have to lose them plates!

Good to see this thread, made my monday moring beter. Its looking pretty nice Morton, good to see a proper engine.

Cheers mack :) I'm hoping it will serve me well! You know, when it's not busy EATING ALL MY PETROLS.

Looks sweet man, when I see you on msn I have some pics to send you myself.. AN one day, My new _._ & your VQ will meet.... hehehehe

Cheers
MaT

hehehe, I saw the pics. Nice _._. Should go well ;)

Hahahah love the plates morty!
Good to see some better pics of it, but it is sooo sad to see that spoiler :( and the ride height :(
Dont go super lows man, they look like stock springs.
Go SSL's at LEAST
And you better get this thing going quick!!!

Yeah, I know. Grandaddy spoiler + 4x4 ride height is a fail. Don't try and talk me into SSLs either you prick, I'm not tucking my rear tyres into the parcel shelf like you did :p

yeah WTF @ spoiler on a stato. and those plates are just evil. you really need the series 2 skirts though

Yeah I've done a lot of umming and ahhing about the S2 skirts... I don't know if I want them. You know me, I hate body kits and all that.

Nice car, and nice plates too! ;)

haha cheers. Yeah. Those plates... ...

those stock wheels would be fun morton ;) ...when it finally dries up, have you found out what v8's do in the wet with 205's???????

And leave that spolier on the back, its not a big wank type, makes it look a bit classier in the rear than the average stato. i still reckon you would of been better off buying mine for 3500, if i hadn't already sold it!

Hahaha I LOVE the stock stato rims! I was shocked actually, the tyres it came with are 215/60/15s. They're not TOOOO bad in the wet. They're by no means any good at all, but they're not TOOOO bad. :p

Interesting to hear a different opinion on the rear spoiler too :) I'm almost certainly getting rid of it, but we'll see how it grows on me over time.

spend around 500 bucks and youll be able to do a 7 second flat 0-100, thats my vq with 220,000- 2.5 inch exhaust, hsv spec tune, corvette servo and pod

YouTube - vq v8 statesman

Yeah, she'll have a fair bit of kick straight away when I shove the 3.7s from my VP in the back, and get a good CAI and foamracing tune :) Exhaust will come with money :p like everything else. lol

Morton will have this thing down to 6 sec 0-100 in no time.

Exactly. :)

morton where those photos taken on the wintergarden carpark????

Ummm... Indro I think. Top level of the Indooroopilly Centre carpark.

if i had the foam tune in my vq, that video would of been faster : )

That's because greenfoam is a god :)

nice pick up mate looks clean and schmick as.

Cheers mate :) I was thrilled for the price.

7second flat?? wow thats slow.... extremely slow low 6's a vq can do with tune & 2.5" zorst with extractors...

lol hozy, everything's slow for you ;)

morton your signature picture needs to be flipped around, unless your vq has the petrol tank cover on the other side.

also, whats the detail with driving a NSW car in QLD? you allowed to do that? i wanna buy a nsw car soon so gimme details

hahaha, oh right. Yeah, in NSW when you buy a car, the seller tears the original Certificate of Registration in half. Your half has all his details on it, and acts as a receipt of purchase. His half has your details on it. Both pieces indicate that the vehicle is now in your posession, and you have 14 days to transfer the rego.

So basically once you buy it, you have 14 days to get a Vic RWC and rego it. BE CAREFUL: NSW RWCs are NOT worth the paper they're written on. Because they do a roadworthy every single year, they only cost $33 and are nowhere near as comprehensive as a VIC roadworthy. Just because it passed in NSW doesn't mean it's going to pass in VIC :)

Nice lookin VQ u got there morton that 2nd pic 4 some reason looks like a close up of a match box car haha 1 thats been detailed finely :p its just the pic man haha looks good :thumbsup: wats the insides like pretty decent 4 its age?

hahah yeah, I got hardcore with the photoshop. Had to, to make it look any good :p lol

Interior is 9/10. No stains or tears or cracks... door seals could use some work and the driver's side door trim is mutilated (and patched up with similar colour'd material) but otherwise I'm happy enough with it.

nah i like the vp better........
but 5 litre FTW..... but gay spoiler, good plates.
so when u wana hit arthurs? lol

That's because there's nothing even NEARLY as sexy as a VP ^_^

Hahaha this car's nowhere near ready for Arthur's. I'd just drive straight off the second hairpin I think.

Ive been driving a queensland car around vic for two years :p

Ohh Daniel in a v8. This calls for a Arthurs Seat run. Thatll be the real test.

lol, hopefully it'll be ready when I get back to Melbourne one day ^^ I'm looking forward to it, I tell ya!

the real test is if he can turn it.. A standard vq statesman handles like a "dead camel" according to dan...

LOL exactly. Understeers like a pig. It's crying out for better tyres, dump'd suspension, and a touch of front end -ve camber and +ve castor.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
why the second hairpin, atleast try the last left hand bend. lol.
white car just isnt you.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
why the second hairpin, atleast try the last left hand bend. lol.
white car just isnt you.

lol, I'd have stacked it by the second hairpin :p

yeah, it's REALLY hard getting used to a white car. And a stato. And NOT MY VP. It's quite upsetting to be completely honest.

I hope that by making this thread, and having lots of people talk to me about it, it will slowly begin to feel a bit more like "my car".

But hey, on the bright side, being white means it isn't faded, because DAMN my vp was starting to look bad :p

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i dont think its a coincidence you have KKK plates on a white car. white power.

racist

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hahahaha oh wow. You've got to be kidding me guise.

Okay.

My numberplate is *K* *6* - I just photoshopped the middle letter & number across on either side to mask it... then realised OMG WHAT HAEV I DONE and decided to leave it like that for the pics :p

lol, I have to admit... those are NOT my number plates. I am PRETTY sure the RTA would have skipped that particular one in the series :p lmao

PS: lol stocky, I like the way your mind works :D

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
that explains why the gap between the 6's isnt the same, and the Ks have the same piece of dirt next to them

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Nice one old son! Is it me, or do you have a tan in that photo? Hittin the beaches eyyy?

Very nice for $3k man!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
that explains why the gap between the 6's isnt the same, and the Ks have the same piece of dirt next to them

Because it wasn't at all obvious to start with :whistling :p

Nice one old son! Is it me, or do you have a tan in that photo? Hittin the beaches eyyy?

Very nice for $3k man!

hahaha, yeah, I think I've been in Brisbane for too long :p Don't worry. Winter will fix that.

I must say for 3k that is a steal!

I didn't think it was too bad :) Shame rego and stamp duty in QLD will set me back $900 :p (but I'm getting $400 back from NSW rego, so it's all good!)