Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Most popular colour?

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Herron is a practical colour in that it is coolest during summer (try putting your hand on a white car and a silver car in the sun...white noticeably cooler). Aircon works more efficiently. More visible in the dark. Easy to colour match when repairs are done. Tends to stay looking cleaner.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
i got my ve ss-v in perfect blue. loved the colour so much, i chose it for my new VF too. all my friends seem to like the colour as well!

would one of you guys mind posting a pic of the perfect blue? is a bloody nice colour too I agree...red is also sweet...they all look great in their own way I reckon because we chose what we like.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
When it comes to colour choice for the VF, I reckon the range is pretty limited. I checked out the Holden site and looked at the seven or eight colours available for the SS. A couple look fine but compared to some of the outstanding colours that the VE came in, the VF range is dowdy IMO. Black always looks great, white's ok and the blues are not bad. Fantale? No thanks. There are two of them around here and I don't like that colour at all. I think the colour palette needs to be widened to bring in some really vivid colours like VE had.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Still hoping they bring back delpht blue. Otherwise if I get a VF it will be Karma Blue. I would consider Perfect Blue, but it doesn't seem to be available for a Calais wagon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Most I see around the traps are blue and orange (dont know the correct names).
I see mostly utes, a few sv6 sedans but only 2 or three hsv's
Driving syd to melb, I must have past about ten vf's.

Hopefully later in the series they'll bring out some nice different colours.

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
would one of you guys mind posting a pic of the perfect blue? is a bloody nice colour too I agree...red is also sweet...they all look great in their own way I reckon because we chose what we like.

i've attached a pic of my old VE ss-v and my new VF sv6 in perfect blue. i still think they look way better in person. apologies for the pic quality

ssvp.jpg

sopl.jpg

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
When I was at the dealer they had a ute and sedan in Perfect Blue, a couple of white ones, a prussion steel and a SS in that gross Royal Peacock colour. The perfect blue was a nice colour, but it appeared to lack the depth of colour of all the other colours in the cars that were all lined up side by side. TBH I have never seen a really shiny blue of this shade of blue from the Holden aussie painted stable. It's acceptable, but the Fantale and Prussion steel were far shinier.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I think its fair to say white is the more common colour across the range of VF. As for most popular colour amongst enthusiasts which is primarily the V8 drivers, anything but Fantale it seems. hah.

My nephew gets his perfect blue SS Ute back today after wrapping it round some trees and shrub just 5 days after he bought it. Idiot. $30k worth of damage so the insurance fixing it rather then getting him a new one.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
My nephew gets his perfect blue SS Ute back today after wrapping it round some trees and shrub just 5 days after he bought it. Idiot. $30k worth of damage so the insurance fixing it rather then getting him a new one.

Ouch!!! And the premiums in years to follow will continue to go north for him, sorry to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk