Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Most popular colour?

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Its a lesson he had to learn me thinks. Driving all night without a break etc etc. Just glad he wasnt hurt.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Thanks guys for the photos of your perfect blue VF's,they look bloody nice and am sure they look even better in the flesh too...

Ozdrexler,Glad the accident didn't cause personal injury..as you said lesson learnt hopefully...very lucky fella.

chrissd77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
RED HOT. Just ordered SSV redline with blacked our grille side vents and DRL, dark tint, black wheels and rear spoiler. W310 pack to be fitted on delivery.

Nice - I am adding the W310 also. Are you arranging the W310 through the dealer (thats how I am doing it)? Just a question - how have you gone with insurance with the Walkinshaw upgrade? I have not looked into this yet..but expecting some issues...

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Nice - I am adding the W310 also. Are you arranging the W310 through the dealer (thats how I am doing it)? Just a question - how have you gone with insurance with the Walkinshaw upgrade? I have not looked into this yet..but expecting some issues...

I have walkinshaw gear and disclosed it all to my insurer AAMI..awesome price too $470 at 45k insured value...depends a bit on age and driving history I guess but AAMI are good imho_Obviously your insured value will be higher by 10k + lol but suss them out,noone could come close to my quoted premium.

all my stuff was fitted pre-delivery too.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Reckon all the VF colours are crapping especially fantale. I decided on Prussian steel for my Calais V. Prussian steel is good for hiding general dirt and grime .

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have walkinshaw gear and disclosed it all to my insurer AAMI..awesome price too $470 at 45k insured value...depends a bit on age and driving history I guess but AAMI are good imho_Obviously your insured value will be higher by 10k + lol but suss them out,noone could come close to my quoted premium.

all my stuff was fitted pre-delivery too.

I tried quite a few and AMMI was the best, but my premuim was about $950 with full disclossure of all the extras. Most did want to cover me. I am having everything fitted at the delivery from Ralf DeSilva

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Each to his own. I let my wife choose the colour, and have never been unhappy with her choice.

I would be happy with white, but the MY12.5 Z is chlorophyll and the MY14 is regal peacock green. I am content. The karma, prussian steel and nitrate (had an MY09) are too bland for me. The phantom black is just too much work to keep clean (but probably not much more than the regal peacock green) . The red hot and perfect blue are just too bright. So if not white, happy with the colours chosen.

The latter looks close to black in most light conditions, and obviously needs to be kept clean. That will create a problem. Every time I wash a car, my wife says, "Oh no. Time for a new car again. When do we go looking".

Except for the MY14. Saw a deal that looked too good to be true, and headed off to check it out in an unwashed MY12.5. The deal was real, so I bought it.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
When I was at the dealer they had a ute and sedan in Perfect Blue, a couple of white ones, a prussion steel and a SS in that gross Royal Peacock colour. The perfect blue was a nice colour, but it appeared to lack the depth of colour of all the other colours in the cars that were all lined up side by side. TBH I have never seen a really shiny blue of this shade of blue from the Holden aussie painted stable. It's acceptable, but the Fantale and Prussion steel were far shinier.

Yeah its a shame they got rid of the old VE colours like Voodoo Blue. I traded in my Voodoo VE Sportwagon and nearly got the Perfect Blue, but it looked flat compared to the Voodoo, so in the end I was convinced to get the Prussian Steel by the salesman and very happy he pushed me in that direction:

VE_BerLina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
.... Yeah its a shame they got rid of the old VE colours .....

+1 ...

I wish They would bring back Vespers Blue !

jj3fqg.jpg

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Im hoping to pickup my redline in a couple of months. The colours for selection are very poor. Ill get a black vf then luckily Im in the industry Ill wrap the car whatever colour I like.