Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Most viable option for getting rid of my VR II?

sherwindy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Gday, So my 95 VR II is due for rego soon but it's unroadworthy and for me isn't worth fixing.. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for the best way to get rid of it, if it's worth putting on carsales or if I should just take it to the wreckers..

Overall this is what's wrong with it:
I've crashed it into someones towball recently, damaging the bar behind the bumper which stops the headlights from sitting in perfectly.
Oil in water, oxygen sensor not working, all brake pads and discs need replacing, engine mounts need replacing, giant hole in muffler, power steering pump leaking, speedo and dash cluster not working, rocker cover gasket leaking.. I've stopped driving it for now but yeah not sure what to do. Reckon I just let it run out of roadworthy or try sell it?

Cheers everyone

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Parting it out will bring in the most money if you have the time to strip it and list everything online

I did that with my VN and ended up making about 3x more than I would have if I sold it as a complete car

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sounds like the driveline is pretty shagged. So maybe $50 for the engine and $50 for the gearbox.

Interior, depending on condition, it's nothing special so maybe another $100 for the complete interior. And a wrecker may give you $100 for the shell, or just tow it away for free.

sherwindy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Alright thanks for the replies guys, lacking the tools and knowledge to strip it but yeah I'll start looking into wreckers!