Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moto GP

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I thought Marco too at first. But maybe not.

I'm loving Casey beating Rossi :) - top stuff

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
marco might have come in a little to hot, but dani still tryed to out break him and then stood it up after turning it in, so imo if any ones to blame its dani, but it was a racing incident. apart from casey no one thought rossi was a danger at laguna a while ago.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I thought marco. Looked to me like marco came in to hot, turned across him and dani had nowhere to go

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
if you watch the slow motion replay you can see dani loses the rear end going into the corner which i reckon stuffed his corner up slightly... he would have had room had he been able to take the corner cleanly but couldnt
i dont see anyone really being at fault... marco judged the corner assuming dani was going to take it cleanly and dani took it assuming marco was going to fall in behind him... i agree that it was a racing incident and that the drive through penalty was way too harsh

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
I think maybe the drive-through was a shot across Marco's bow. Given his notorious riding style . No doubt he will calm down in time.

Dorna and various sponsors will be happy with the Rossi podium. All of Italy would have watched the complete race. Along with millions of fans. Not a fan myself. But he is very entertaining to watch.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
racing incident. simoncelli had the pace and was better under brakes. pedrosa grabbed a handful of brakes when he realised what was going on and stood the bike up. if he had seen it all earlier he could have just turned the bike in, not stress out and balls it up. i think

but alot of people hate simoncelli as he is seen to be agressive. i dont think he is overly agressive. hell, its not like they are riding on the street. its motogp, you dont go out there to make friends. you go to win. even in state championships its like that, i know that guys i race against are all friendly until around 25min to the race then its all raceface and if you get in the way out there i will run you over.

at the end of that race just before oneHD finished, Daryl Beattie commented how he thought that it was just utter crap that simoncelli got a ride through and how he thought it was just a racing incident.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
and also, the fine that stoner got for giving RdP a bit of a tap is just crap too. RdP needed to get the #### out of the way, and he was just ####ing about on the racing line. its not like it was at the start of a lap either.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
All great journo fodder.

Just imagine if Stoner wasn't fined. Or Simoncelli did not get a drive through. These little incidents would be quickly forgotton. The media and us would have nothing to talk about. Is it possible the powers that be, know this already?

Marketing after all is 99% bullshit.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I couldnt agree more with what old mate said above.Ive been watching motogp for 25 years now,and all this crap about simoncelli being dangerous and cutting off guys in corners etc is just that,crap.Look at wayne rainy,kevin magee,kevin schwantz , wayne gardner,mick doohan randy mamola etc,these guys had all this happening to them ,it was just a normal part of racing,if you gotta get out of it because someone has blocked your line through a corner,then too bad,its all part of racing,and now these new guys are saying its dangerous etc,its like the formula 1 and how its ended up ,every time it rains they stop the bloody races,these days these drivers try to drive flat out in the rain instead of driving to the conditions, they ultimately crash, and then complain about how dangerous it is etc etc.Driving to the conditions is all part of racing and they should not red flag it unless its torrential rains that floods the track..Id prefer to watch them go around in the rain slower,then to sit and watch a race that gets postponed because of a little rain..this never happened a few years ago,the drivers just drove slower if it was raining..