Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MotoGP / WSBK / WSS Thread and PC too.

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Gday Everyone,

Being a Auzzie motorsport nut and loving bikes just as much as holdens i thought i would start a new thread reagrding motorcycling
MotoGP / World Superbike (SBK) and World Supersport (WSS) results and information regarding our auzzies.....
This Weekend was a great weekend for bike racing with MotoGP and WSBK.

Stoner winning the 09 MotoGP in Mugello Italy, First time for Stoner and Ducatti
On a Dry/Wet track 23 laps, The Lap record is Stoner with a 1:50.003 and Rossi with a Race time of 42" 31.153.

Stoner was 2nd with Vermeulen in 11th and Rossi in 4th on the starting grid.
The beginning of the race was interesting because of the Dry/Wet track stoner spun his tyres of the line and lost positions while Vermeulen had a great start all riders
fighting for position going into the first turn and after the first lap Vermeulen leads with Stoner 3 and Rossi 4th.

After 3 laps Stoner takes the lead with Vermeulen 3rd Rossi 4th
After 5 laps Stoners tyres start to fade because all riders were on intermediate plus track is starting to dry up again.
Riders will have to decide when to come in to change bikes and ride on dry tyres.
By lap 6 Rossi overtakes Stoner for 2nd position and on lap 7 Rossi leads the race with Stoner in 4th, Stoner comes in on lap 9 to change bikes to dry tyres.

But with 12 laps to go Stoner was back into 2nd position and with Pedrosa crashing
Stoner upped the pace and was into the lead with 10 laps left, Rossi 4 sec behind.
Vermulen was in 10th but struggling on the Dry/Wet track.
Caparossi overtakes Stoner for the lead with 8 laps left but Stoner takes it back on the main straight with Ducati might and started pulling away with 6 laps remaining.

Stoner started pulling away with 3 laps left in the race, Rossi with 2 laps left to go was in 5th position but got onto the podium 3rd.

STONER WINS GP WELL DONE ... OZ OZ OZ OI OI OI
ROSSI 3rd
VERMULEN 10th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSBK World Superbike
RD7 Salt Lake City USA. Dry track Very hot.

RACE ONE
Ben Spies was in pole position with Auzzies B.Parks in 7th Kawaka
Muggeridge 12th Suzuki, Corser 21th BMW and Championship leader Haga was in 9th been battling a bad back.

After 2 laps Spies leads with Parks 5th Muggeridge 12th and Corser 14th
Red flag on lap 5 the Auzzie Muggeridge had a Huge crash highside might of broken his leg.
Spies still the leader Haga 5th Parks 6th Corser 15th 16 laps to be completed.
Basically Spies blitz them all to win first race from start to finish.
SPIES 1st
HAGA 9th
CORSER 15th
I think Parks might of had a crash because i could not find him on track or the result at the end of race one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSS World Supersport 600cc

The Auzzies to look out for are A.Pit, A.West, M.Atichsion, G.MCcoy and R.Holland.
In the 600s race its was a great finish with LAVERTY leading all race but on the last lap SOFUOGLU shot up the inside and pushed past into the lead and won the race with 2 corners left.
The Auzzie Mccoy on the Daytona 675 Trumph had a good race in 4th position after lap one but faded to finish 6th
A.Pit 7th, A.West 10th and R.holland 21th all on 600rr Honda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSBK RACE 2

After 3 laps Spies leads once again with a 2 sec lead and looks unstoppable.
A few crashes in race 2 with checa and Scassa crashing on lap 3 and Lavilla on lap 6
With 3 laps left to go Spies has a 5 sec lead and is dominating, Haslam crashes on the last lap in 5th position trying to get 3rd and onto the podium but it was B.Spies the " TEXAS TERROR "
who dominated all weekend and was the winner of race 2 Haga finishing 9th.
B.Parks in 11th T.Corser 17th

I Hope you all like my review of the weekends racing... Pls reply

Ps.
I have a PC computer also and i have WSBK 08 and MotoGP 07 the PC game so ill post those times up aswell. If you ply these post your times up ?? !!

THX peoples.... Ill post next race... and i hope you guyz like the motorcycles too as much as V8 too...

RIK...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Stoners ride was outstanding. His change over lap was the best yet by anyone to date. He went from way back to right up the front and challenged for the lead within 1 lap or so from the bike change. Great stuff and the last 5 laps - could not sit still.

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
I saw that GP race.. was a good ride, especially by rossi 5th to 3rd in the last couple laps just amazing. stoner held his position well.

-_- good to see you love bikes as well. Looking to get a 250R soon.

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Catalunya spain motogp rd6

Well what a motogp weekend...

CATALUNYA SPAIN.....
Temp: 104.F and 40.C
Ground: 120.F 49.C
Wind Speed. 5kmp/h
22 laps

125cc RACE.....

After the first lap Espargaro was leading / Folger 2nd / Terol 3rd / Simon 6th / Iannone 7th / Smith 9th.
But by lap 3 Simon takes the lead / Iannone 2nd / Terol 3rd / Espargaro 4th / Smith 7th
Great racing up front dicing for the lead. Sembera out of race with mechanical bike failure.
Espargaro now was winning after lap 1 but out of the race when his chain fell off sproket.

Lap 7 Simon and Iannone was fighting for the lead swapping serval times. the front 2 had a 2 second lead to 3rd place.
Simons best laps was a 151.648 / Iannone 151.641 during the race.
11 laps to go Simon leads / Iannone 2nd with Smith championship leader was in 7th 5 seconds of the lead.

Simon has a shocker and thought he won the race and put his hand up started celebrating only to realise that there was one more lap left and drops back to 6th.
But on the last lap recovered to finish 4th a photo with Gadea 3rd.

IANNONE WINS 125cc 2nd TEROL/ 3rd GADEA / 4th SIMON and SMITH 8th.

250cc RACE...
24 laps

Victor Barbra was in pole position and leads after lap 1 / Aoyama 2nd Simoncelli 3rd.
Simoncelli crashes on lap 2 low side slide looses front end.. tyre still cold.
20 laps left Bautista leads/ Barbera 2nd / Pasini 3rd / 25th Simoncelli last.
Bausista has the fastest lap today a 1.46.812 and A.De Angelis has the cicuit record 1.45.925.
15 laps left Bautista looks very strong out front.
11 laps left Pasini over takes Barbera to take 2nd with Barbera in 3rd / Locatelli 4th
Meglio Run off wide almost crashed going off road back into 15th.
8 laps left Aoyama is into 4th but Locatelli crashes out..
3 laps left Aoyama overtakes Pasini

BAUTISTA WINS / AOYAMA 2nd / BARBERA 3rd / PASINI 4th

MOTOGP RACE.....

Stoner leads the championship after ending Rossi's 7 year run at Mugello, while Jorge Lorenzo would be in front of the doctor again....
Lorenzo was in pole position with Rossi 2nd and Stoner 3rd while Vermulen started the race in 12th.Takahashi Crashed
Lorenzo leads into turn one setting a cracking pace and front row as is with Vermulen 13th.
But by lap 4 Rossi leads lorenzo and stoner 3rd.
13 laps left lorenzo takes the lead from Rossi Stoner still in 3rd. Vermulen 13th
4 laps left lorenzo takes Rossi for the lead again but only to be overtaken again 1 lap later.
2 laps left lorenzo takes Rossi on the main straight only for Rossi to get it back and stick it into turn one.
Again on the main straight and lorenzo this time overtakes Rossi and keeps the lead going into turn one on the last lap but Rossi overtakes Lorenzo on the last corner into the main straight to get the win.. WHAT A RACE..... AWERSOME... Stoner 3rd.

ROSSI WINS / LORENZO 2nd / STONER 3rd.

UNTIL THE NEXT MOTOGP RACE... WSBK coming up soon too this month stay tuned...

RIK...

PinkFloyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
aka Lumina
The MotoGP race this past weekend was awesome! Specially the last 5 laps of the race. The battle between Rossi and Lorenzo was the best I've seen in a long time.

Nice to see some bike guys on here.

I ride a BMW R1200GS and a CBR600RR

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Unfortunately I missed the race. When I saw it on the news I was spewing. One of the best races in the last few years. My ultimate race was about 4 or 5 years ago when Rossi crashed in the first few laps and still came back and won the race. He is a Legend. One of the greatest competitors in the world.

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Ill post the WBSK and WSS races when i get home tonight havent seen it yet its recorded on my FOX IQ
STONER in the last race was so exhursted he felt sick he said and half way through the race he
thought he was going to die and not even finish the race but he stuck in there and finished 3rd..
AWERSOME... but the ROSSI/LORENZO finish was awersome... hopefull next race will be much the same great racing..

RIK...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Great race indeed - was wide awake after the finish. I think it was one of the best last laps in many a year. Rossi is one of the all time greats of the motor sporting world.

Stoner said he was shot before half way - he looked knackered after the race.