Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motor and gearbox transplants

Skyjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I have a very gummed up VZE Crewman S 185kw motor.
I also have a 2005 Wagon with a 175kw motor. Is it possible to simply put the 175kw motor into the Crewman? Do I need to bring the wiring with the motor. The 2007 Crewman starts and runs. Thanks for all responses.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Different wiring and tuning. Treat them as different engines all together.

Skyjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Thanks Fu Manchu. So could I do it if I could strip all wiring and computer out of the complete 05 wagon that I own and can raid for parts? Thanks

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not quite. You will need the complete computer set to go with it. I am running a wagon computer set in my Crewman and you won't get a fuel gauge that works. Half a tank will be a bit more than ¾ and its an exponential dive there after on how much is actually in the tank.

I still think this might end up being far more work than you might be imagining.

The high output motor will no doubt mean climate control will be part of the looms in the dash connected to the BCM.
That will mean transplanting the HVAC unit as well. Out comes the dash. Down grade to manual air control.

The high output engine has a motor on the back of the intake manifold that varies the airflow.

The high output motor has 4 cam sensors and 4 cam actuators as part of the loom too.

Would be easier to put a V8 in.

Last edited: