Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mounting a mobile phone holder in a vz exec

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Here some pics of my dads car phone setup , going by the two brackets u posted above its the second bracket

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,533
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 917
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 818

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hey guys, I'm after a bracket to mount a TomTom GPS. I'm hoping to mount it to the left hand side of the centre console. What is the best option?

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I was thinking about creating something that mounted it below the CD player but I just don't have the tools or resources to pull it off. If there is an existing bracket that I can fit to it, I'd much rather take that option.

tom_kauf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Thanks PaulSV6, that does look like the one in the 2nd pic. I'll get one of those, and one other type (because I ideally need 3 :whistling). It might look horrible, but oh well, it's a work car.
I was thinking of putting one of your dad's type either side of the centre console, but the RH one (Navaman GPS maybe) might get in the way. We'll see.

Juzo, yours is the original Holden one, right? Does it mount near the radio like the aftermarket one, or is it next to the shifter (on the transmission tunnel)? Any pics?
From what you mentioned, it's a bit more expensive but that's ok if the setup looks better.

Hey guys, I'm after a bracket to mount a TomTom GPS. I'm hoping to mount it to the left hand side of the centre console. What is the best option?

My Navman F20 will have to go somewhere too. In my old car, I just made up a bracket. But I can't modify this car, so a 'no holes' option is needed. The bracket that PaulSV6 posted is probably what you're after. Remember that it's only the metal bracket that you buy, the cradle will go on top of that (in your case, a TomTom cradle, not a phone one).

tom_kauf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
DONE :w00t:

It's not the prettiest setup, but it serves its purpose perfectly. And it's actually a very neat installation. It doesn't look as messy as some installations that have ugly mounts and wires everywhere.

The 2 Brackets beside the Radio are the same type as the 2nd of the 2 that I posted above in one of my previous posts (even thought it was sold as a VY Bracket).

But I had half my dash and centre console apart, before I realised that the zig-zag part goes beside the radio. They don't come with instructions, and I emailed all the suppliers that stocked them (including Aerpro), and none of them knew where it mounted :bang: .

Anyway, it's the same as PaulSV6's Dad's bracket, but I just have them on both sides. When sliding the radio back in, it clamps it in without any screws, but mine slid up/down a little bit. The 2 screw holes line up with 2 screws that go into the radio (but mine needed a little bit of filing to fit perfectly). That then made it perfectly secure.

Thanks to juzo, I went to Holden to get the Bracket on the transmission tunnel. That just clips underneath the trim, and the top half screws down on top. The colour actually matched pretty well (the camera flash made it look almost blue).

CommodoreMounts.jpg

CommodoreOrigMount.jpg

VT_SEN8OR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt senator 195kw
Hey u still got it??? Been a while lol 0412253720

VT_SEN8OR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt senator 195kw
the one i had for my nokia, attached to the side of the cd player(the metal case) so when the cd player i reinstalled the bracket come out inbetween the dash and cd player,

looks neat and no holes in your dash when you remove it

just had a look, still have it if anyones wants it $10 with nokia phone holder

I'll buy it

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
LMFAO ... if your asking about Nath selling the bracket I bought it off him in 2009 and it went with the car when I sold it earlier this year!