Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mounting amps on bootlid

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Julie, the guys are fairly correct in that the trunk lid isn't the ideal place...not so much the opening and closing but the trunk lid vibrates like you wouldn't believe! With stereo going and five minutes of driving...those pwerty soundstream just became pwerty unks of steel and silicone :)

Who needs to see the amplifiers that you have already? Fit them inside the enclosure for the subs. YOur system is pretty much designed for looks over performance? So, the little space that the amps will take inside the enclosure really isn't going to affect the sound to a point where the average person will know.

Food for thought :)

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
The best mounting i have seen is on the side of the boot area.
Use MDF and carpet to create a flush mounted setting for the amp up against the side of the boot, opposite to where the spare tyre was stored in the VN.
Looks tidy, hides the wires, is relatively easy and maximises boot space and minimises the impact on the amp.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Thanks for all the replys guys, wasn't the answers I was hoping for but I'm glad you told it straight up. We'll have to have a good hard think about this and get creative, we want to utilise the existing sub boxes, which effectively remove the under the parcel tray and side of the boot area, these space are taken already.

The idea of mounting them inside the sub box is also something to think about, I'm not sure though, I'd prefer them to be more accessible. Plus I spent many many hours calculating the exact size the uniquely shaped sub boxes had to be to have the correct volume (ltrs) for the subs. Its a bit hard to explain why its such a dilemma, I'll try to find a pic later of our current setup so u guys can see what I'm getting at. We basically wanna keep similar design, just freshen up the upholstery with leather & suede, lose the stacker and have a carputer in its place.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Why is boot space at such a premium?? isnt it a show car? I still say make a flashy amp rack