Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moved Thread

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Im wondering why threads keep being moved from the SA Section to general sections? Several members of the SA Section are getting rather annoyed that this keeps happening.

Fair enough for some, but ones that are aimed at the SA section of the forum should be left in that section of the forum.

The one im talking about right now is the "new P plater laws coming in about driving a V8??" thread.

Its about new laws that may or may not be coming for South Australia, so it is not relevant to the rest of the country and yet for some reason it has been moved to the General section?

Is it possible to have this thread moved back to the SA section?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
They are a state cruise section, not just for general chit chat. It might be related to a certain state but it can still go in the pub, etc.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
It seems the point of the state sections have been lost and never made clear to all. They were only ever intended for cruise details and meetups as per the description at the top of the section:

General talk regarding the South Australian Chapter, Current Cruises, Meetups, Members Details, Cruise suggestions etc

We are looking to introduce a validated SA member section which would over come some of this chit chat and un-related cruise stuff in an out of view area for people who verify their details and identity.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Surely its more efficient also using the state sections for state only related topics.

If people want opinions or information that is relevant to SA only, then you'd think the most logical place for such a thread would be the SA section. Same goes for other states. There is enough crap in other sections of the forum as it is I thought.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The SA Section is an SA CRUISE section, not an SA General questions and answers section.

What is with people at JC, what other forum allows general chit chat in their cruise threads? What more, what other forum allows cruise mods to control the area even though some of them do not do what they are their to do?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
The SA Section is an SA CRUISE section, not an SA General questions and answers section.

What is with people at JC, what other forum allows general chit chat in their cruise threads? What more, what other forum allows cruise mods to control the area even though some of them do not do what they are their to do?

If im not doing what im meant to be doing then remove my SA priveleges. Pretty simple if you asked me.

The confusion is probably due to it being titled SA General Section rather than SA Cruise section like you emphatically pointed out.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If im not doing what im meant to be doing then remove my SA priveleges. Pretty simple if you asked me.

I wasnt specifically pointing the finger at you, in fact you hadnt even entered my mind..

The confusion is probably due to it being titled SA General Section rather than SA Cruise section like you emphatically pointed out.

What confusion is there?

The Cruise forum is titled: Just Commodores Cruise Club
Description: Details relating to all cruises and meet ups across Australia for Just Commodores

A Sub forum of this South Australian Chapter
Description: For the South Australian members

The child forum of the above which is titled General SA section has a very CLEAR description which reads:
General talk regarding the South Australian Chapter, Current Cruises, Meetups, Members Details, Cruise suggestions etc

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
the south australian section is for the organisation of cruises for south australia, and other stuff.

talk about laws that are a direct issue to south australian members are fine there i reckon, you dont want other peo-ple from other states throwing their 2 cents in thinking they know best.

ofcourse general forum discusion is sweet, but yeah a clear and proper set of guidelines for sections has never been drawn up, each mod seems to have their own little idea of what it's for.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
its hard do do what we spose to do when its always wrong according to the full mods.
myself and Dylan have both worked funcking hard in the SA section and the ppl in it love what we do (as we were voted in by the ppl)
we have awesome cruises and giveaways and attract a great bunch of ppl for fun days
out without any trouble ever
also us half mods are on every cruise i haven't seen a full mod on one in 2 yrs+ so i would like to see myself and Dylan turned into full mods so we can help out in our sections and other areas when needed