Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Movement of headrests...

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Howdy all,

Was in the back seat of my VF and was leaning with my hand on the front head rest doing some vacuuming, and to my surprise the headrest can move forward and backwards as well?!?! There's 3 clicks of adjustment

Is this a well known thing or am I just late to the party in noticing this :p Can someone enlighten me on the purpose of this, is it solely for someone that doesn't want to lean back or something? I can understand that the head rests are designed to stop from whiplash in an accident and not for resting, so are they meant to be adjusted more forward to minimize the amount your head can throw backwards in an accident even further?

Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Some people just sit with their heads further back than others … I think it's supposed to be set so that it's juuuust brushing the back of your head.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
I think it's supposed to be set so that it's juuuust brushing the back of your head.
Yup, so that your head doesn't get thrown back as much during an accident! Now that I know that I can adjust it forward and backward, mine sits a lot closer now. It still doesn't touch the back of my head, but I only have to move my head about 5cm and it'll be there.