Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving cars in the garage?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
All RH drive?
Reverse #1 in 90deg hard against back wall length ways with it's bad turning circle.
Reverse #2 around the short side between #1 and the front wall. Hope fully light, good lock steering.
Reverse #3 straight in, ready to go at a moments notice.

Thats what I would try. Pushing cars sucks (even with 40psi tyres ;) )

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You sound like my wife, telling me to sell 2 cars! NOT HAPPENING! :rolleyes: . :cool:

I have a mate who lives at Karalee who has a 2 car house garage and huge 6 car garage out back..
He would be happy to look after them for you, and make sure they get a regular run. :)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Best way would be be using the jacks you already have, with the addition of 6 bolts into the floor.

You would place the first set of bolts, 5m apart at the far end of the garage where the first car normally sits in a way as to allow whatever space you need before the car hits the wall/whatever is in there. Get a piece of timber, and drill holes that correspond with the bolt location. Oversize the holes so you can slip the wood over the top easily.

The wood is to act as a way to chock the car from a runaway situation. The second set of bolts would sit in a similar location, where you want the second car to sit and the same piece of wood is used in the same fashion.

Now, supposing the overall length of the cars is similar enough, on the door end of the garage install a piece of 3mm steel along the length of the garage lengthways. The go jacks will run along this and ensure you won't roll it into one of the side walls while getting the cars down the length.

The last 2 bolts would be installed on the door end of the garage. Approx 2m apart. And you'd use these to anchor 2 12v winches. Which you would attach to the go jacks to help in getting the cars out again.

Alternately. You can do away with the wood chock, and install 2 bolts at the same 2m spacing on the far end of the garage, keep the steel guide rail and winch the cars down to the back of the garage. You might need to employ some winch blocks under where the furthest in car will go just to divert the winch line around the wheels of the first car.

Simple ;)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
What about going up?
Put a hoist in.
Drive first car onto the hoist, raise it, then put second car under the hoist.
Then drive third car in.
Do you think that could work?
Raise the roof?

I like this as you also get to work under a car without lyong on your back, so much more convenient especially as you get older z

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
I like this as you also get to work under a car without lyong on your back, so much more convenient especially as you get older z

Can't go up either. The garage 'extension' isn't council approved & I don't want to draw attention to it.:rolleyes:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
What Sabbath' has suggested or a version of sounds like the best option then.

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
What Sabbath' has suggested or a version of sounds like the best option then.

Agreed.
I was hoping there might be another drive on type trolley set up or something that someone has done/seen before.

Or sell the house, mmmm.

Thanks for all of your help gents!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Or sell the house, mmmm.

Not as silly as it may sound first up.
15 years ago, Missus wanted new kitchen and bathroom, I wanted bigger garage and model car display room. Solution ….. build new house.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Agreed.
I was hoping there might be another drive on type trolley set up or something that someone has done/seen before.

Or sell the house, mmmm.

Thanks for all of your help gents!

I'm sure there is ,or could get one made but cost.
The way Sabbath' described it( sometimes sounds more complicated in description than in practice ), ( to me made it sound more complicated than it really would be especially , in operation could be refined and made to operate fairly easily) if you still had them arranged as per your (cad drawing) . Another set of dollies so 2 cars are always on them would make it easier.

Not as silly as it may sound first up.
15 years ago, Missus wanted new kitchen and bathroom, I wanted bigger garage and model car display room. Solution ….. build new house.

New house ( to you), maybe new suburb/area = everything's fresh .
I know myself personally would find your setup a pain ( not having a go ) , just saying I would find it harder to use the vechices as so much planning and some time needs to go into their use on top of the normal limited use .

Having said that I recon with some planning before execution/ manufacturing, Sabbath' s suggestion with some refinement for your setup would make for a more timely and safer ease of use.