Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving to QLD?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
BAH at Nerang. Its not as bad as everyone says, sure it has a bad part but what town dont.

Not bad out ashmore arundel n Runaway Bay, im lookin at movin around ashmore area. but bad traffic around school times.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Thanks for all the replys!

Spent all day yesterday looking around the gold coast. We liked a few areas (As much as you can tell from just passing through), Ashmore, Higland Park, Parts of Nerang and Robina (wife loved the shops lol).

Today we will head up to the sunshone coast. Will check out west a little later.
Works no darams, we have a online business so just need some form of broadband.

Just need to learn the qld way of driving lol. All about U turns at lights:bang:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
check out buerim while your up there mate its only 5 mins up the road forom mooloolava and on the top of hills very nice place to lice uiet and peaceful lived there for 4 years myself and you can get broadband there:thumbsup:

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Stayed in Main Beach when i went over not long ago,looks like a nice area to live in pretty central to everything.SouthPort looks nice also.

Have some relatives living in Runaway Bay & they love it.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
Just need to learn the qld way of driving lol. All about U turns at lights:bang:

i think what you mean to say is that you need to grow eyes in the back of your head. qld drivers in general are pretty terrible (no offence to anyone here)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626

And indicating left and then turning right. (i nearly got hit by someone in a VT who did just that this afternoon) :bang:

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Found it more relaxing driving on the Gold Coast than here in Adelaide,heaps busier but i didnt get cut off or tail gated at all while i was there which i didnt expect lol.

Disapointed that i didnt get to see any modded Commys driving around,seen about 50 VE series HSV's & every other car was either a merc or bimmer with the odd Ferrari & lambo thrown in.

Wild yellow Ferrari with CARP plates was nice also black Lambo with GREGS was wild also.

benmay

Reaction score
Website
benmay.org
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hervey Bay is a great small town, 2 hours north of Sunny Coast, and 1 hour south of Bundy

Nice and small, enough to do, great to raise kids etc.

Perfect weather, we don't get flooded, we dont get cyclones (Not in 30 years +)

Goldy is nice, but its over developed and just massive, not to mention the crime and amount of people there

Hervey Bay is great really, more and more people are moving here, plus realestate is good at the moment

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
places to avoid....Logan, Nerang, Inala, Ipswich, deception bay
sorry to offend anyone there but even though they have good areas many are higher crime rates than average.

i've lived in both Logan and Ipswich and i've only ever had a set of garden lights stolen.