Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving to QLD?

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i live near logan..beenleigh..which is close to eagleby which is a place to stay away from for crime..and its not that bad..its actually better then the city in my eyes..and more quite haha

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
i think what you mean to say is that you need to grow eyes in the back of your head. qld drivers in general are pretty terrible (no offence to anyone here)

i take huge offence to that qld drivers aint pretty terrible..... they're worse lol:thumbsup:
na mackay is a nice place though the cops can be a pain in the ass and theres alot of youth in rice cars that think they're hot ****:bang:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Cabarita Beach, or anywhere near it, is a gorgeous place to live. Just south of the NSW border - the beaches are long and straight like the Gold Coast, but nobody ever goes there.

I used to drive there all the time from Brisbane. Well worth the day trip.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My uncle sold his small house in Melbourne bought a few acres and house just outside Bunderberg and had money left over, only problem was I told him to buy a house with large mango trees so I can visit him when they are ripe but the house he got has none :p

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
pretty funny actualy,

ive lived in eagleby most of my life now, most of the people i know are on 100k plus a year jobs with multiple homes in the area. ive never had anything stolen, never seen anyone bashed, the list goes on and on and on. so to those who are baging out eagleby as a bad area, you can be quiet now. cause you just made yourself look like idiots.

when you refer to logan your refering to a region, logan is huge, it's like any suburb, you leave your car outside on the road unlocked with something nice inside, it will be pinched, you will get that with any surburb. brisbane is a huge area champ, im quite fond of wolfdine, it's nice scrub type area, sub rainforest setup. at the base of mt tambarine, with heaps of nice open land. but it's acerage, so expect to pay a fortune.

depends on what you have a feel for, and where you want to live, move up here, find a rental house, and drive around the place, find a nice surbur b, and do it that way.

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
I know Logan is a district as I work there and live there.
I work in forensics and have to attend burglaries/stolen vehicles/assaults/murders/stabbings/ etc etc and trust me on this the worst areas in the South-East are the Logan, Gold Coast, Inala and Ipswich area. (check the stats)
Not all suburbs are that bad, ie/ Shailer park, Daisy Hill, Tamborine etc...very very nice, however the Eagleby, Browns Plains (regents park/hillcrest, Boronia heights) areas are getting hammered at present with crime. (we are getting dozens of jobs daily in those suburbs...just the facts)
Just because you don't see it does not mean it does not happen!
If you could listen to a Police Radio over a weekend you would know what I mean!
Areas like Beenleigh are getting better, (I also used to live near there)

Every day in the Logan district there are at least a dozen burglaries, countless wilful damages to property/vehicles and plenty of assaults!
The Gold Coast gets hammered by drunken idiots in fights and damaging property around the CBD. So there stats look pretty bad!
You can say what you like about Logan etc, but if you do my job, you get to see the real side of many areas......helped a lot when we were buying our house!
But that said, crime happens everywhere, you just don't always see it!
j

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
i just came back from a weekend down at yeppon near rockhampton n the place is amazing, has the best ocean views housing is affordable ( in surrounding areas as well) n best part- its near the Brock museum

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i just came back from a weekend down at yeppon near rockhampton n the place is amazing, has the best ocean views housing is affordable ( in surrounding areas as well) n best part- its near the Brock museum

quite funny you mention that, ive never seen so many punchups as i had when i was there for a week.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Thanks for all the replys. I think we will be heading around the caboolture area. Its on the lower end of the budget for us, we also have a couple of friends there. Ive just been offered work in geebung and the wife in the city as well.

We have the online business too keep as well. Checked out insurances and it wont go up from our current payments. As it would in a few other suburbs we liked.

Yes there is in fact no complete SAFE place, but would rather try and stay away from HIGHER Risk areas.

Will do a bit more research and visit again before making mind up.

Cheers again

p.s might have to go for qld in the footy now!

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina