Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving to QLD?

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Well just was up on the Golad Coast and the wife and I decied we should move up there, somewhere.

We didnt really get a chance to have a good look around but will drive back up and have a look and speak to a few real estates soon. Really just trying to get a list of places to visit.

We saw from Coolongatta up to Paradise Point, liked almost all of it (Not in sufers itself to live). With research on the net it looks like we could be happy up to Bunderberg.

Dont want inland to far, 40min or so drive from the coast would be ok still. But prefer to be 10min from the beach. We got te 3month od daughter and hope to have another bubs soon, so nice place for kids to grow up. Only other need is High Speed Interent. Wife runs a online business, work isnt a problem. I can adapt to almost anything if I need to work.

So any pointers on a few places to go look at when we drive up to look around.

Will rent first and want to keep it under $450p/week for a house.

Sorry if its too broad a question as theres probly a heap of nice plaes. Just need A few names to go look at and double check it looks good from the outside lol.

Thanks in advance!

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
anywhere on the sunshine coast, mooloolah, palmwoods, caloundra, maroochydore, glasshouse mountains, noosa (bit expensive i think though) anyway they are all great places to live

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
you mentioned bundaberg there... lived in bundy for a few years, nice place to grow up.. the beach is pretty close by aswell, but it was a nightmare finding a job. suppose it all depends on where you settle on once you've had a bit of a look around though.. good on ya for seeing the light and moving on up to QLD. dont bring your blues jersey with you

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
places to avoid....Logan, Nerang, Inala, Ipswich, deception bay
sorry to offend anyone there but even though they have good areas many are higher crime rates than average.
I would definately go sunny coast, parents are at Moloolah Valley and love it...20 mins to Caloundra beaches and quiet, bushy area, etc
Seriously if you want more info PM me as I work in an industry that may be of assistance!
LOL
jas

Brissie_girl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore hsv 1997
nundah is a nice place close to the city and work is pretty much all around. rent iswithin what you have posted my husband and i have live here for three years.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I live on the westside of Brisbane. Been here for over 2 years so far.

The westside is generally upper market, quiet, nice and leafy. I'm talking about the Brookfield, Pullenvale, Kenmore, Karana Downs general area. The only problem is if you want a nice house you will be out of pocket by around $600 - 800k, and public transport absolutely sucks.

I think the beaches in the Brissy areas are overrated compared to Sydney/Wollongong beaches. The westside is about 40 minutes to the beach anyway depending on how far west you want to go. Karana Downs, which is the most western point is only 25km from the cbd anyway.

kingrat502

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
have you been past bundaburg,,mackay is a nice spot,ful of commodores and good people with its own country style drag strip and summer for 9 months of the year......

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i vote sunshine coast too mate lived there for 15 odd years and its an awesome place. It's getting fairly built up in the last 10 yearsbut still plenty of nice places. just like the gold coast really just not as many tall buildings

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'd go with the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane...somewhere around there. Not a great fan of Bundaberg...lived there most of my life and don't really have too many nice things to say about it!

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
have you been past bundaburg,,mackay is a nice spot,ful of commodores and good people with its own country style drag strip and summer for 9 months of the year......

you forgot to mention all the great mackay drivers:bang: townsville is really nice too:thumbsup: