Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MP3 Playback Problem - Stereo Intermittingly Cutting Out

hboehm

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS Black 20" BILL LEE MOD
So... I thought I would post this save the possible lengthy troubleshooting.

THe problem is when I play MP3's burnt to CD occasionally I get a pause during a track usually round the 22sec mark then 20 seconds atfer. If I use the AUX port I don't get the problem.

Now the CD's are straight in after burning, thus no fingerprints or scratches they have been burnt on different drives, I use different brand media, different tracks. The same track can also play without problems. Also the same disc can also sometimes stall and say Error with the Disc and ejects it. I reinsert and voila works fine for a while.
:hmmm:

Im thinking a misaligned laser? Any thoughts...[/I]
:idea3:

I prefer not putting in aftermarket head unit if I can avoid it. Seems a horrible wast of dash space and steering wheel controls which are handy but given my bluetooth is also dodgey might be the only way to go. If only manufacturers could put in robust electronics...

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Have you got iq? My mp3 Performace has changed since they upgraded the software. Hopefully will get an update soon to fix it.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I have the same issue even with cds that are from the shops

Last edited:

ravencsr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE
:hmmm:

........... If only manufacturers could put in robust electronics...

Its the Holden IQ, its CRAP !!!!!

For spending $40000 on a brand new car, I was hoping better.

First of all, it will not read my HTC phone list, and always displays "updating contacts". Phone works but hardly any features of the IQ interface.

Second, the cd ripper to flash memory will allow editing the CD name, but doesnt display song titles wtf?????? How useless !!! It didnt even rip all the cd i gave it, only 8 out of 14 tracks, and doesnt accept mp3.

Third, I put a 8Gb usb drive into the usb slot, periodically it will not play. On one occasion when it started to play up, I took it out of the usb slot and nearly burnt my fingers. Something not right there. Also whenever you go back to the usb source it starts from the beginning, it doesn't do playback from last position.

Fourth, Sooooo sick and tied of friggin' sat nav disclaimer on startup

Fifth, choose radio and it always comes up first with AM not FM (which I only listen to)

Sixth, No friggin' speakers in the back behind the seats !!!!!! (I drive a ute)

Seventh, no sound normalisation accross audio selections

Eighth............... cant think of anything right at the moment, I'm sure there is something.

So to answer the original question, dont think its the media, its the buggy IQ.

Will have a list a mile long by the time the first service comes around.

NevC

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV 6 Sportswagon
I found that the USB only displays 256 mp3s, maybe I did not read instructions thoroughly. But when I put folders in 4 gig USB, songs in folders did not display song or album on screen, only track 1 etc. So I put 250 in root directory, and they display all song info.

Not as good as a new vehicle should be, I expected better.

I agree with ravencsr comments.

hboehm

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS Black 20" BILL LEE MOD
Don't have IQ but seems the best option is put in an aftermarket proven system piss off the Holden OEM seems too buggy and fiddly to me. At least I know exactly what I am getting then and the beenfit of warranty that I don't anymore on the OEM sound system.