Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mp3 player to deck?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hey, i have a kenwood deck in my car and its not exactly new(like 2 years old) and it only has 1 set of rca's and like it supports cd stackers..... and i dont want a cd stacker.... i want to know is there any way at all i can run my mp3 (creative zentouch, 20gb job) through there so i dont alwayz have cd's in my car and i can jus sit my mp3 there and use that? any help would b appreciated... thanks in advance.

mp3
http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=10274

same deck as this
http://calaisturbo.net/showthread.php?t=35496

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Not unless it has an auxillary input unfortunatly. The page you linked to isnt working at the moment for the HU so I couldnt check it out properly. The RCAs go to your amp, so they are useless for an mp3 player as far as i know.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Thats the info that the guy has. Im not buying it from him its just the only info i could find haha

2020.gif

GENERAL FEATURES:
*Detachable Face
*Multicolour LCD with White LED Backlight
*Key Illumination (Green)
*Digital Clock
*Built-in Fuse
*Remote Sensor for Optional Remote Control Unit

AUDIO FEATURES:
*4x50 Watts
*RCA Preouts
*System Q:Sound Control with Pre-programmed Tone Curves
*Separate Bass/Mid range/Treble Control & Source Tone Memory
*AUX Input with Optional Unit (CA-C1AX or KCA-S210A)
*Fader & Loudness Control
*CD-R/CD-RW Compatible

CHANGER CONTROL FEATURES:
*Dual CD/DVD/VCD/MP3/MD Changer Control Capability (CH1/CH2 & AUX)
Random/Repeat/Scan Play (Disc/Track)

TUNER FEATURES:
*FM/AM 24 Station Presets (18FM, 6AM)
*AME (Automatic Memory Entry)
*Up/Down Seek Tuning
*Selectable Channel Spacing

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Yea see how it says "*AUX Input with Optional Unit (CA-C1AX or KCA-S210A)"
As far as I know if you get this optional unit then you will be able to plug right in.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
run a suitable line to the input in the deck if it has one (why this wasnt an option on car audio decks years ago is beyond me) and have the loose end exiting into the glovebox or somewhere inconspicuous maybe the console would be better even! and plug ya MP3 player into it and have it sitting in the console...

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
run a suitable line to the input in the deck if it has one (why this wasnt an option on car audio decks years ago is beyond me) and have the loose end exiting into the glovebox or somewhere inconspicuous maybe the console would be better even! and plug ya MP3 player into it and have it sitting in the console...

yeah i plugged it into the RCA and nothing went through to the deck, so yer mayb the rca's are only output and not input. but ill just try this and see how i go... what do people think bout these transmitters? pro'z and cons? thanks:)

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productVie...d2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
The deck doesnt have an input to plug straight into, it has an input that you can put an optional Auxillary input into, but you will need to purchase that module seperatly from god knows where.
RCAs will only signal out, no matter how much u try to plug things into them lol.

About the transmitters, I've heard good things and bad. Some people say the quality is ****, some people say they experience frequent dropouts, but others say they are fine and a great option for your situation. If possible try before you buy and see for yourself. Hope thats some help for you.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
yeah it helps alot filthgrinder, because there is no point having 50cd's in the car when i can just have a mp3, thats why i was asking. so yeah thanks alot:) appreciate the help