Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MSD leads in Western Sydney

deags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Hi guys, getting some work done this weekend, thought it might be a good time to whack some new leads and plugs in.
I have a VYII SV8. 2.5" x-force cat back, high flow magnaflow cats, extractors going on on Sat, and a DUS throttlebody and OTR Monday with an OZTRACK MAFLESS tune Monday arvo.

Was thinking of putting MSD leads and NGK plugs in prior to the tune. Take full advantage of the tune. Where is the best place in Western Sydney to pick up leads and plugs... Id imagine any old dupercheap or repco has the plugs, but possibly not the leads.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Can I ask why your thinking of wasting your money on expensive leads?

OEM Leads will do just fine...

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Can I ask why your thinking of wasting your money on expensive leads?

OEM Leads will do just fine...

+1. Waste of money.

If you actually need new plugs, get GM plugs, they are the same as NGK Iridiums, but cheaper.

As for leads, measure the resistance in them with a multimeter, if they are less than 700ohms they are fine.

deags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Ive heard mixed messages re leads and plugs.
Im not the most experienced person when it comes to these things. Im happy to take advice from all quarters. I had been thinking it was the perfect time to get it done but I am open to the arguement of not, considering its the cheaper option.
+2 for not replacing them so far huh.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if you are going to spend money on a custome tune do both mate.plus the dyno guys will be much happier having new leads and plugs too nothing worse than customers with old parts

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
msd leads for the ls1 are no good they hang down and waste of money the stock replacment ones are spot on

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ive heard mixed messages re leads and plugs.
Im not the most experienced person when it comes to these things. Im happy to take advice from all quarters. I had been thinking it was the perfect time to get it done but I am open to the arguement of not, considering its the cheaper option.
+2 for not replacing them so far huh.

By all means, if you feel they need replacing, replace them, just don't waste your money on the MSD's when the standard ones will do the job just fine.

deags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
if you are going to spend money on a custome tune do both mate.plus the dyno guys will be much happier having new leads and plugs too nothing worse than customers with old parts

OK, this is kind of what I had been thinking myself.

And the standard leads are the way to go? I hear all of these people going on about MSD and Top Gun leads... No advantages? The standard leads are not a whole lot cheaper than the supposed brand names.

And plugs? No advantages to getting NGK or iridium?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
go the factory plugs and leads, no advantage putting expensive leads on, i used the factory plugs and the factory leads to replace my broken leads, plus there red so will go faster ;) lol, and you know the factory leads will be the right length every time, not too long, not too short, just right :D

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
As long as you don't use cheap rubbish i reckon you'll be right either way.
If you are looking for a speed shop in western sydney you could try performance world in North Parramatta. They are in Barney street i think. Autobahn does some MSD stuff also.