Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Muffler delete

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
My exhaust shop said they can delete my rear muffler for $120 "exhausts plus salisbury"

doesnt sound too bad

thatll give me a bit of growl on my v6 yea?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
And I guess you should then have growling neighbors as well and you needing to wear earplugs so the droning does perhaps not get into your brain.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
1 muffler delete aint gonna bother neighbours

I already think of them first

Only adds a bit of growl on the throttle

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
$120 for 1 foot of piping sounds steep....for bit more can find 2.5" catback exhausts some of which come with rear pipe instead of resonator.

Daily v6 ute was still quiet with just centre muffler...if it were loud I'd have hated it not being a v8 haha

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various

French Fred 4777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega V6 Auto
Hey guys, I'm new to the JustCommodores Forum. On the subject of removing a rear muffler... I have a 2007 VE Commodore Omega V6 Auto. If I was to keep the original Resonator & Cat Converter in the centre section of the exhaust system but only removed the rear muffler, is that a legal issue in Queensland? I cannot find any exact info on this on any of the QLD Govt. / Transport websites.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I am pretty sure you will find with a VE that if it came with a resonator it will need to have one to stay legal. But having said that plenty of folks remove it and if it aint noisy or droney, likelihood of getting booked is slim. Why would you remove it anyway? It's unlikely to increase your HP by anything noticable.

French Fred 4777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega V6 Auto
Thanks losh1971. I am keeping the resonator. I am looking at only removing the rear muffler. It's purely to get a bit more sound / noise. Do you know if it's still legal to have a full standard exhaust system, minus only the rear muffler?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh I misread the question, just re-read it. I suggest you post your question in the VE forum, as being a VE it might have other complications than just legal issues.