Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Muffler hanger

Zooloader

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Ute 3.6L
Hi guys.
Noob question here. My VF2 V6 Evoke ute (LFX) has the single tip mufflers. I bought a used set from another VF ute with dual tips but the hanger position is different. The pins are in the middle of the mufflers but mine are offset closer to the centre of the car. Every other muffler I find or see has the hanger pins in the middle.
So, do I need to be more specific when searching? Is there a difference between Evoke and other models? Or is the difference between series one and two?
Cheers,
Dave

H

harrop.senator

I've got no idea on cars that new. I've been out the shop a few years and haven't owned anything that new.

Worst case scenario if you have the mufflers you want or prepared to buy the ones you want. Fit it and the rest will be on the rubbers , tie the tips up and have someone just weld the hanger where you need it.

Don't even need a hoist with a jack , grinder and mig it's a 5-15 min tops job man.

If that's the only issue and everything else fits well just get the hanger sorted.

Zooloader

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Ute 3.6L
I've been in two minds about doing what you've said, or modifying the hanger. Not sure my stick welder (or my skills!) are up to welding it in situ. But a few tacks and then remove again to weld it properly could be done.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All the rear mufflers I have ever seen have the two hangers above the tips, not off to the side. Can you just bend it over?

Zooloader

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Ute 3.6L
I measured from the "corner" of the muffler to the pin and it was 7cm, the other side is 14cm. Bending doesn't seem feasible to me

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
take a picture of them both and post them as it might paint a clearer picture for the members.

if you cant add pictures to the forum then just upload them to https://imgbb.com/ and post the links to them

Zooloader

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Ute 3.6L
PXL_20210914_085108718.jpg
PXL_20210914_084920004.jpg

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Here's a VF2 SSVR ute muffler hanger. Looks offset like your SV6 and perhaps the twin tip one isn't a VF ute muffler.

20210915_112041 (2).jpg

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Have you physically tried fitting them? Just because they look different sometimes doesn't mean they won't fit.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Have you physically tried fitting them? Just because they look different sometimes doesn't mean they won't fit.

It's only 4 bolts and easy to access, I'd physically try fitment and see how it looks!