Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mufflers Ranch

T

thomasr

Do you loose any power with a hot dog ????
Also how much would a Lukey Ultra flow muffler cost??

Would a Lukey Ultra flow muffler (straight through) going into a hot dog just before the tip be a good set up please can somone give me there opinion NO ONE HAS YET!!!

All up how much will this set up cost fitted??
and how much do a set of pace maker Extractors cost and will a pair ,ake a difference in proformance with the lukey muffler and hot dog. Please can u guys help me out with this in as I am confused to what I want to do with MY NEW EXHAUST thanks for any help TOM RITONJA

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Almost anything you put in the way of an exhaust will reduce airflow and in most cases power. A hotdog is designed to reduce flow as little as possible whilst drop the sound down a little. What sort of car do you have? Generally if you have a turbo or supercharged beast then you want as big exhaust as you can fit or your ears will allow. This way you don't restrict the gases coming out of the engine. If your car is N/A then you have to tune an exhaust to the size of your engine and where it's power band sits. If your exhaust is to small then it will restrictive. If it is too big then you won't get enough back pressure which is needed to create vacuum and help suck out the exhaust gases.

If you go for good quality exhaust bits then flow should be kept high anyway. To tell anymore I would need to know what car and engine you have.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
take you car to a lukey exhaust shop, usualy most places have lukey and explain what u want.

they're the experts and will direct you to the right style