Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiculture countires does it work?

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Talking with people at work today about societys being multiculture and if it works or not, we came to the conclusion that it doesn't work due to differant beliefs and ways of doing things which causes trouble within the community and how it is somewhat forced apon us to make it work.
what's everyones opinion? does it work or are we going out everyday with a fake smile on.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
How can you come to a conclusion that it doesnt work when countries like America and Australia are obviously multicultural?!

Unless of course you think that the above mentioned are piss weak countries with a shitty economy...

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
How can you come to a conclusion that it doesnt work when countries like America and Australia are obviously multicultural?!

Unless of course you think that the above mentioned are piss weak countries with a shitty economy...

just from what my ears hear daily people are very racist but it's all done under breath, if that makes sence.
like i said before people go out into sociecty with a fake smile on, but completly differant behind doors.
i know theres one culture i hate with a passion but thats as far as i'll go here.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
just from what my ears hear daily people are very racist but it's all done under breath, if that makes sence.
like i said before people go out into sociecty with a fake smile on, but completly differant behind doors.
i know theres one culture i hate with a passion but thats as far as i'll go here.

I will be honest, i hate that people can come here and try to enforce their beliefs on our country, i hate how people come here and do not learn english. I hate how people come here and attack us because we are australian. I hate people who bring drugs into this great country

For anyone out there who falls under this category...

This is not your country F**K OFF

As far as everyone else not in that area, welcome to australia, one of the best countries in the world.

*prepares for flames*

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Without elaborating and getting myself banned from this site I think multiculturalism is a bad thing, and its going to be our countries undoing Letting in people from all over the world, people who have different attitudes and beliefs that go against the aussie way, and our laws. Not all cultures, just some, we oughta be more select about who we let on our shores.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
There are both advantages and disadvantages. Think about it, if we were classed as non-muticultural what would that do for our tourisim industry? Who would want to come to Australia if they felt alienated by the locals? On the other hand multiculturalism has created antisocial racial tension in some of our communities through people coming to our country and abusing our culture and way of life.

Over all though I believe that the positives outweigh the negative and we have become a better country because of it.

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
multiculture should be allow no matter what race or reglion you believe it cause if you think people who claim themself as Aussie should take a look at our the history before saying anything ridcilous with the concusion it wouldnt work.

The country worked with other culture otherwise where everyone get to try new things and experince also learn new thing from each other. If other countries deicded to go they dont need anymore Aussie going into they country im sure you would feel mad, should take a look from they view before saying like that. There are Australian who imgrants to other countires to live as well people coming to Australia to live, so i dont see the point for racist comment or childish behaviour

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
let this be a warning to everyone... keep this thread cival and on topic. if anyone tries to start trouble, or starts making racist remarks you can consider yourself removed from this site. if you have a problem with this, take it up with garth, darren or airstrike.

think before you post, if you dont think you have written something thats sensible DO NOT POST IT.

thank you

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
For me I don't think its a case of racism, moreso realism. I'm happy to have people immigrate to Australia, if they are willing to assimilate. If they want to come here and disobey our laws and try to enforce their beliefs upon us like minux said then they are not welcome.

Fact is that some cultures assimilate better than others, some peoples religions are in contradiction to our Australian laws and our way of life. The way some cultures treat women for example, with views so radically different from what is acceptable here. Its plain dangerous to let these people into the country. I'm not making this up off the top of my head either, if you do your reasearch I'm sure you'll find cases where certain young men of a certain background have escaped gaol time for sexual offences because 'its oks in their culture'.

If I were to immigrate to another country I would respect their laws and beliefs, just like they should here. I wouldn't walk down the street of a muslim country wearing a bikini for example.

Basically it all comes down to that age old saying "When in Rome do as the Romans do" but unfortunately some people would rather try to invade and conquer Rome rather than change their ways. :(

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
i agree with kenster84, people should think about how they would feel if the same think was being done to them,
If they want to come here and disobey our laws and try to enforce their beliefs upon us like minux said then they are not welcome.
why do people automaticually believe people who come here are going to start trouble? ok you will get your d*ckheads in what ever nationality it is but seriously the last thing i worry about it people coming here is commiting crime because USUALLY they want to make a better life for themselves, but like i said you do get the d*ckheads, just like people who are born here(aussies) no matter of what their background is. im aussie so i hope people dont think im baggin everyone here and starting a fight but i seriously hate it when one of my mates is looked at strangly and called names just because he/she is of a different religion or race. as for people coming here and putting our religion and beliefes onto us, i personally dont mind if they ask me about it but if they are constantly on my door step like people we aleady have here THEEEEEEN i will want to boot them in the ass, but if they ask me about my religion and if i would ever change then i will answer there questions, but if its an everyday think like i said aboce then i will get angry. as for changing for this country wellll this country wouldnt be what it is now if every person that came here changed their ways to the same of the the people already in the country. if we ate the same, looked the same, spoke the same and all the rest then we would not have ant take away food really if you think about it because everything would of came from everywhere, our clothing styles must of came from somewere? and if they are supposed to do that then why did we not live the way that the aboriginal people did? we seriously cant expect the world to stay the same and some of the best countries in the world are Multicultural so come on people im not having a go at any body but seriously put your self in other people's shoes and another thing im all for bringing people into this country just aslong as there not on the dole from the day they come in. because seriously my top 10 mates backgrounds are not australian and to be honest they are some of the best people i have ever met in my life. so just remember you have your good and bad people in all nationalities.

sorry for the long post and i know i may have repeated my self like 100 times but i hate it when people get excluded because of there race/religion.... thanks:D