Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multicylinder Misfire

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I'm gonna nick a TPS clip on Sunday but I'm just having a meddle to see what happens until then

Because even though it still misfires it's not as bad after swapping the coil packs to the other side but the code remained on the same side so that rules coils out and sparks out, MAF is fine, so it's kind of coming down to the O2 sensors it just really weird I've never seen this happen before

You wouldn't happen to know apparently there's a fuse that controls the engine banks but I'm not sure which one it would be?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Fuses are 11 & 12 on the fuse block under the bonnet by the wiper refill tube.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 12.52.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 12.52.36 pm.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 108

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
All the fuses are dine sitting tight I've replaced them anyway, still misfiring. Noticed that the back manifold bolt isn't tightening due to somehow (???) The corner of the manifold has like chipped off and so the bolt just spins

Gonna go to wreckers and get a new manifold and plenum because it's the only thing I can see that might be causing the leak at this stage

Removing the manifold is fairly straight forward I believe and the gasket needs replacing underneath?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. Replace the gasket. First go might take an hour but next time it might be a 30min job and after that, a 15min job.

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Yes. Replace the gasket. First go might take an hour but next time it might be a 30min job and after that, a 15min job.

I know it has a few bolts, but what do you do with the fuel rails and wiring loom can you just push them to the side and pull the manifold out? I've been trying to find a video that shows, but they all show removing the upper intake but none of the lower intake!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You should only need to do the gasket between the upper & lower intake.
If you want to redo the lower, you can, but you can't get the assembly too out of the way because the fuel line and injector loom will be connected.
You can disconnect the injector loom to help a little.
It will be loose. You can get the old gasket out with some frustration because you have to work around it.
I would also strongly suggest, disconnecting the battery first.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Get a torque wrench as well. Getting the right torque onto these is quite helpful.
About $80 for a Kinchrome from Bunnings.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check the earth points for the engine loom as well.

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Yeah okay, only reason I have to do the lower gasket is because I have to replace that block due to the chip, half the thread has somehow been chipped off the rear left corner so the upper manifold bolt will not tighten, hopefully i'll be able to remove it not to difficultly, gasket is only $100, and already sourced the parts from the wreckers, just gonna make sure I find one that's very very nice and not damaged!

Thanks so much, I'll let you know how it goes after tomorrow if it doesn't work.​