Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiple Fault Codes

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks mate, good post, funny enough I only bought the car a few weeks ago from dealer as well so hoping they can help fix it. Car is driven about 50kms a day so doesnt sit around much. I suspect this is the case "it could be the alternator isn’t being commanded to charge at an appropriate rate" but after reading this 7 page thread I was hoping HDJ could post the end resolution of what fixed his problem....even if it was selling the car
If you bought it at a dealer you’d have your used car statutory warranty which is for 3 months or 5,000 kms (if memory serves)… and you’d also have your ACL statutory warranty on top of that (which doesn’t specify a duration so it can be longer than the used car statutory warranty based on the vehicle value and what an average buyer expects).

So I‘d notify the dealer of your battery/charge/discharge problem and request it’s diagnosed and repaired under your statutory warranty. May be best to notify them in writing…

And because it’s a warranty issue, it shouldn’t cost a cent :cool:

You just need to ensure that they’ve correctly diagnosed it and fixed the problem permanently which is why it’s better to get it dealt with ASAP so you can monitor it over the remainder of your statutory warranty. Best not to delay it…