Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiple Fault Codes

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It‘s not strange at all.

Some communications errors may not be classed as urgent and simply raise a DTC but don’t light up the check engine lamp.

However,there is a problem that needs to be fixed as other communications faults may cause the engine or transmission to go in limp home mode… Noisy CAN bus issues are a pain and can leave you really scratching your head on and stuck on the side of the road.

Best get the selling dealer to sort it out so it’s fixed so you can rely on your vehicle… Give them a letter outlining this defect (with specific problems you are having) as they could string you along until the car is outside the stat warranty and say that no issue exists. Keep a log of all actions (phone calls, visits to mechanics, etc) related to this concern. Such can help you if the dealer won’t fix it and you need to take things further.

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
It‘s not strange at all.

Some communications errors may not be classed as urgent and simply raise a DTC but don’t light up the check engine lamp.

However,there is a problem that needs to be fixed as other communications faults may cause the engine or transmission to go in limp home mode… Noisy CAN bus issues are a pain and can leave you really scratching your head on and stuck on the side of the road.

Best get the selling dealer to sort it out so it’s fixed so you can rely on your vehicle… Give them a letter outlining this defect (with specific problems you are having) as they could string you along until the car is outside the stat warranty and say that no issue exists. Keep a log of all actions (phone calls, visits to mechanics, etc) related to this concern. Such can help you if the dealer won’t fix it and you need to take things further.
Cheers for the tips man just waiting on other codes to show up and then I’ll take it in.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
So the app I’m using for my obd2 scanner is car scanner from the App Store. They recently came out with a new interface for scanning codes. The new updates allows the user to be able to customise there scan and if wanted you can scan only one area such as the bcm where as in the old version it scans the entire system on the car and you can’t simply scan just one system. Now the app allows you to go back to the old version where it scans everything Instead of you having to select individually. On the old version I’m not getting any codes at all however on the newer version I’m getting codes. I’m honestly so confused atm . Might just head down to sca for a quick scan on there tool.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
So the app I’m using for my obd2 scanner is car scanner from the App Store. They recently came out with a new interface for scanning codes. The new updates allows the user to be able to customise there scan and if wanted you can scan only one area such as the bcm where as in the old version it scans the entire system on the car and you can’t simply scan just one system. Now the app allows you to go back to the old version where it scans everything Instead of you having to select individually. On the old version I’m not getting any codes at all however on the newer version I’m getting codes. I’m honestly so confused atm . Might just head down to sca for a quick scan on there tool.

i would be getting the dealer to scan it and fix it under the stat warranty, make it their problem.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I have a slight feeling they might reject my warranty claim as I’ve gone ahead and already done a otr and full exhaust coupled with a tune.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have a slight feeling they might reject my warranty claim as I’ve gone ahead and already done a otr and full exhaust coupled with a tune.

They would need to prove that those mods are the cause of the issue.
They cant just dream things up to deny a warranty.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
They would need to prove that those mods are the cause of the issue.
They cant just dream things up to deny a warranty.
Fingers crossed. Booked in for next Thursday I’ll keep this thread updated incase anyone else goes through a similar situation.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Update: Holden were unable to find an issue with the car. They’ve reset multiple systems and updated them to the latest firmware. Hopefully this should fix it but I have my doubts.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ve seen people do all sorts of software updates on their PC when their internet wasn’t working But in some cases it just needed someone to push the Ethernet cable fully into the socket (or press the laptop hardware button to turn on the wifi card) for internet to start working again :eek:

Sadly, it doesn’t sound like the dealer did a detailed enough assessment… checking fault codes and doing firmware updates is just so deficient on so many levels. They should have done a lot more, like checked CAN bus V8’s waveforms among other things… Pity diagnose Dan isn’t a local :(

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I’ve seen people do all sorts of software updates on their PC when their internet wasn’t working But in some cases it just needed someone to push the Ethernet cable fully into the socket (or press the laptop hardware button to turn on the wifi card) for internet to start working again :eek:

Sadly, it doesn’t sound like the dealer did a detailed enough assessment… checking fault codes and doing firmware updates is just so deficient on so many levels. They should have done a lot more, like checked CAN bus V8’s waveforms among other things… Pity diagnose Dan isn’t a local :(
I’ve made it clear that I will be returning once they show up again.