Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiple Questions

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
I own a 2010 MY010 SSV

1. The grill i got with the car (factory one) doesn't sit flush on the bottom of the bumper there is a gap and you can see the clips, i have a sv6 as well and its sits perfectly flush does anyone know why this is?

2. What type of speakers are the 6x9's and if i replace the 6x9's and the front speakers will they be more powerful or is the deck not powerful enough to run better speakers?

3. Does anyone know how to remove the front silver trim on the passenger dash and the one above the steering wheel? i want to replace them with black ones.

4. I was thinking of getting VCM otr does anyone recommend this?

5. how does one change the clock from 24 hour to 12 hour, i have gone through everything.

Cheers :boxing:

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I can answer 3 and 5.

3. The strip is held on by clips so just get under there with a panel remover (or similar piece of plastic so as to not damage the strip) and pop em off.

5. It should be in the menu on the screen. I swear I've seen it in there. Just hit the menu button.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
1. Someone has taken the grille off and hasn't replaced it properly. It happens a lot because the bumper flexes as you're trying to push the tabs into the holes in the bumper. It's a bit fiddly but you need to get one hand under the bumper to support it, while pushing the grille tabs down with the other hand.

2. SSV's don't have 6 x 9's. (Unless the Series 2 did? But I doubt it).

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
1, As davey g-force mentions. When putting them back in, the bumper flexes a lot and people don't realize it's not seated right.
2, No 6x9s. They are round 8" subs in the parcel shelf. You can put whatever you want in there but don't expect miracles. Infact sound quality will go up... volume output will go down.
3, Panel removal tool. Start at end where it wraps around the dash. Pry from underneath it. If desperate, flat blade screwdriver wrapped in cloth works well.

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
cheers fellas that answered some of them :), ill try and remove the strips from my sv6 asap then

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
1. Someone has taken the grille off and hasn't replaced it properly. It happens a lot because the bumper flexes as you're trying to push the tabs into the holes in the bumper. It's a bit fiddly but you need to get one hand under the bumper to support it, while pushing the grille tabs down with the other hand.

2. SSV's don't have 6 x 9's. (Unless the Series 2 did? But I doubt it).

yeah they had the tabs on the inside of the bumper when i went to fix it and put it in the right way, but when you look at the grill from the bottom you can see the tabs which a 75% out of the slots but on my other car there completely in.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Without remembering how it's held in place, try loosening the screws the screw on the bumper at the very top of the grille, while they are loose, try adjusting the grille then and if it sits right with the screws loose..... tighten them!

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
Without remembering how it's held in place, try loosening the screws the screw on the bumper at the very top of the grille, while they are loose, try adjusting the grille then and if it sits right with the screws loose..... tighten them!

tried everything hahaha might be a dodgy grill or bumper!!!!!

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
5. to change the clock format, just get into the Settings menu and look for Time/Date format or similar.