Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiple threads on the same subject

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is it just me or are other people noticing the same questions being asked 2 or 3 times? I'm sure I have replied to threads and then see the same question asked without my response below but with 3 or 4 other members responses? I have only noticed this over the last 2 or so weeks. Not sure if it is user error or site issue?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Some people start multiple threads. Why ? Impatience ?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Yeah, I've noticed it happening for about the last 4 weeks
One day I saw 2 new threads on the same subject, and the member (newbie) had revived probably 4 or more other old threads
As VS5.0 said, too impatient to wait for an answer....Sometimes it seems to me as if they're not satisfied with the answers received in one thread, so they'll start another thread but with a slightly different title
At the end of the day it probably has a lot more to do with them not reading the forum rules when signing up

Mods are obviously aware of it though and are dealing with it, as I've seen a couple of posts recently where the mods have asked them politely not to start multiple threads on the same subject, and to exercise a little bit of patience when waiting for a response

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Perhaps they think the forum is the like the instant chat you can get from various companies, like Telstra, EnergyAust, where you can ask a question and get an instant answer from a rep. ( and print out the 'chat' so when the company stuffs up again, you can refer back to it )

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Funny Losh has started a thread like this, when in his own threads he says 1 thing, then 5 minutes later he adds onto the story within the thread, then 10 minutes later adds on some more and so on and so on.....It starts out as a single page and ends up 10 pages long, with 2 other people making a comment inbetween.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Does make it extremely difficult to cotton onto what is happening

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Oh and sorry for the thread hijack, and how I am going about it

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Perhaps they think the forum is the like the instant chat you can get from various companies, like Telstra, EnergyAust, where you can ask a question and get an instant answer from a rep. ( and print out the 'chat' so when the company stuffs up again, you can refer back to it )
Like why haven`t you C**** answered my questain?
Don`t you know who I am?