Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Murphy -vs- Ambrose

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Does anyone know where I can download a vid of the press conference after last weekends round? Specifically Murphy tearing Ambrose a new one over the Rick Kelly incident?

That was f****** hillarious, Ambrose: poor form.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
For those who are not yet aware, here is some of the transcript.
Source: 7 Sport.

Murphy finished 1.14 seconds ahead of Ambrose and the pair then exchanged words in the post-race press conference after an incident involving Ambrose and Murphy's team-mate Rick Kelly in race one yesterday.

Kelly, who finished 26th today after receiving a drive-through penalty for taking Bright out of the race, was involved in a heated exchange with Ambrose.

Ambrose, already fuming after claiming he had been cut off by pole-sitter Mark Skaife at the first turn, verbally lashed Kelly for not taking the opportunity to pass him when given the chance.

Kelly was a lap behind after being penalised for hitting Russell Ingall earlier, but claimed he had no intention of overtaking Ambrose, who was trying to protect his series lead by driving conservatively.

Murphy has since jumped to his team-mate's defence, claiming Ambrose "jumped on the breaks" after the start-finish line after taking exception to Kelly's tactics.

It is an accusation which will go all the way to a steward's hearing.

"Greg, you're allowed to slow down after the finish of a race I assume," Ambrose charged.

"These guys, we're fighting for a championship, it's getting pretty messy, it's very disappointing that they want to play that way."

Murphy replied: "What's that, play what way? Is Rick not allowed to follow you? Is that not the idea of car racing?"

"That's the issue, why did you jump on the breaks?"

Ambrose said: "I slowed down after the race, I don't dispute that, [but] I totally refute the allegation that I break-tested Rick.

"I had words to Rick after the race because I was upset at his sportsmanship during the race. I refute the claims of what I said and it's simple as that.

"It's an absolute joke the way that Greg carries on, it's an absolute joke."

"I'm fighting for a championship here, I'm trying to do the right thing and I've got guys that are getting in my way."

Murphy said: "Mate, they're not just going to pull over for you and let you win the championship, that's not car racing.

"You know, you might have won it last year but everyone's still got to do a job out there and we've got sponsors on the car, we're alllowed to race you.

"We're not just going to pull over and let you win the thing all right, I'm sorry but that's not the way it works.

"Mark (Skaife) doesn't have to pull over and let you past either. Get over it."

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, although the Journo who wrote that transcript should be taken back to Primary School. I assume him/her means 'brakes'. Maybe the Journalist and involved racing teams should have a 'break' in the playground and argue about it ;)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Exactly what I was thinking, I was going to ask for the web address you got it from so I could send them an email telling them to teach their writers how to spell and use english good.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Jetspin mate if my TV Reception in my new bedroom was better i could have captured it for you as i watched it this afternoon on Channel 10's RPM program with shitty reception. Let me tell you that was the funniest thing i have witness'd. Ambrose answered a question from the press and murph jumps on him straight away and well you can read it for your self. But he was so cowardly and tryed to dodge the subject. Also in that same segment on RPM it had TEGA footage from Kelly's car and he was hard on the stoppers just after crossing the start finish line.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
From the Press Gallery : Marcos, What’s your reaction to the allegations made by Rick Kelly that you brake tested him across the start-finish line. And some of the things he claimed you said to him in the pit lane?

Marcos Ambrose : Well, theres 2 issues here.. I refute both of the claims, totally, and that’s my stance right no. So I’ll of course go through the motions…

Greg Murphy : So you didn’t jump on the brakes after the start-finish line??

MA : Greg, This is my question, mate…..

GM : I am just asking a question as well. I am asking a question….

MA : Well, I am not going to answer you question, mate.

GM : Well, don’t answer it then. I’m just asking and if you don’t want to answer, that’s your problem.

MA : But why do you want to talk, mate?

GM : Wel, because I flew past you as well and I was off the throttle. So you tried to slow down for some reason. I haven’t got an answer for that.

Moderator : Any further comment @ this stage Marcos?

MA : Greg, you are allowed to slow down after the finish of a race, I assume. You know, these guys… we’re fighting for championship, it’s getting pretty messy and disappointing that they want to play that way.

GM : Whats that? Play what way?? [pause] Is Rick not allowed to follow you? Is that not the idea of car racing? [pause] I mean, that’s the issue. Why did you jump on the brakes? [pause]

Press : Sorry Marcos, I know it’s difficult for you, but can you address it?

MA : Mate, your talking about something that has to go through a process [stewards hearing]. I slowed down after the race so I don’t dispute that. I totally refute the claim that I brake tested Rick. I had words to Rick after the race as I was upset about his sportsmanship during the race. I refute the claims of what I said. And it’s as simple as that.
It is an absolute joke the way that Greg carries on. [Murphy laughs] An absolute joke. It is an absolute joke the way that Mark Skaife goes into the 1st corner [in race one] and has no intention of turning the corner. You know, I am fighting for a championship here, I’m trying to do the right thing, and I’ve got guys getting in my way…

GM : Mate, I am just not going to pull over for you and let you win the championship. That’s not racing. You might of won it last year, but you and I have still got a job to do out there, and we’ve got sponsors on the car, we’re allowed to race you. We’re just not going to pull over and let you win the thing, alright?? Sorry, but that’s no the way it works. Mark doesn’t have to pull over and let you past either. Get over it.

FROM AUTO ACTION #1113 27/10-02/11, 2004

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Yep.

You sorta get that impression from Ambrose sometimes.
That he expects everyone to move over and let him concentrate.

Remember last year in one of the last rounds and Glenn Seton wouldn't let Ambrose through - so Ambrose starts flashing his lights. Seton just kept on racing.

He can be a real skirt sometimes!!!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I hate to say it but although he drives a ford i would love to see Loundes in Ambrose's position.Ambrose has that smug look like he swallowed the canary.....hope next year there are more ford teams like 888 or DJR to push Ambrose back into the hole where he belongs.
Just a thought but if Murphy car had fallen over at Bathurst Ford would have inflicted one of its most demoralising wins on the General at the mountain in recent times.
Murph didn't so nobody noticed how many fords were up his arse

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
markovr said:
Just a thought but if Murphy car had fallen over at Bathurst Ford would have inflicted one of its most demoralising wins on the General at the mountain in recent times.

What the hell?? What do you mean if the Murph car had fallen over?!! When was that ever gonna happen... mate its a Holden!!