Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 03 VY Berlina

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Exceler8r said:
P.S. Does anyone know the actual name of my colour blue? LOL i would really like to know.

Mate nice Berlina...:thumbsup:

I would say the colour is Barbados Blue...

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
P.S. Does anyone know the actual name of my colour blue? LOL i would really like to know.
Very nice, the colour is barbados blue, check my link as i have the same car but an 04 series 2 model.
Some pretty good mods include changing tailights and headlights, really sets them off!
Anyhoo, check mine if you would like some ideas!

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
juzsvy said:
Very nice, the colour is barbados blue, check my link as i have the same car but an 04 series 2 model.
Some pretty good mods include changing tailights and headlights, really sets them off!
Anyhoo, check mine if you would like some ideas!

Not bad at all (your ride). Just from the looks, i see NO difference between the 03 & 04 models. Do you know what the differences ARE? If any at all? I'd like to have a roof mount DVD player aslo, but there's just one thing stopping me. My fantastic sunroof. The player would just be TOO far back for comfort if i installed it after the sunroof.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
Exceler8r said:
Well, in saying that, I forgot to mention how good it actually is. I've only had the beast for 2 weeks, and already i've had 3 marked units toot and wave at me, 1 unmark unit give me the thumbs up when we were side-by-side at the traffic lights, and also had 1 camera car operator pass me and toot.

Have you been quoted for your 35% tint? If so, how much if you don't mind me askin?

Thanks for the comments ppl. Really appreciate it, and yes it is in VERY good condition. MINT nearly. Keep the feedback comin.

hahah, thats awsome. bet you got a laugh out of that!

I went in for a quote the otha day, $265 for tha darkest legal tint on my VXII Berlina.

and yeah, check out tempe tyres if you havnt already, can also check out 'http://www.ttf.com.au' - not as good as tempe but a good starting point for rims :D

Cheers,
Infin8

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
Infin8 said:
hahah, thats awsome. bet you got a laugh out of that!

I went in for a quote the otha day, $265 for tha darkest legal tint on my VXII Berlina.

and yeah, check out tempe tyres if you havnt already, can also check out 'http://www.ttf.com.au' - not as good as tempe but a good starting point for rims :D

Cheers,
Infin8

Thanks for the websites bro. The darkest legal tint is 20%. I had 20% on my white VT Exec. (which is what i had before the beast) and i thought that looked ok. Still not as darked as i thought it was gonna be. I paid $250 for that and it was a day it was on special. As i said, the beast has 35% and it's very illegal but I only paid $180 and I have lifetime warranty. The only problem i got is gettin trouble with the law (hmmm maybe i might keep the antenna on) at least the cops are tooting and waving, not pullin me over hey.

Well, good luck with your decision. Have you got pics of YOUR car? I'll help you decide if ya want.

Keep the feedback coming ppl. I'm lovin it.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
Exceler8r said:
Thanks for the websites bro. The darkest legal tint is 20%. I had 20% on my white VT Exec. (which is what i had before the beast) and i thought that looked ok. Still not as darked as i thought it was gonna be. I paid $250 for that and it was a day it was on special. As i said, the beast has 35% and it's very illegal but I only paid $180 and I have lifetime warranty. The only problem i got is gettin trouble with the law (hmmm maybe i might keep the antenna on) at least the cops are tooting and waving, not pullin me over hey.

Well, good luck with your decision. Have you got pics of YOUR car? I'll help you decide if ya want.

Keep the feedback coming ppl. I'm lovin it.

I'm a little confused. You said you had 20% on your VT which was legal...but then you say you currently have 35% on your VY which is very illegal??? I've been told that 35% is the darkest legal....also $180 seems very cheap, was it done at an automotive tinter or local mechanic???

Don't have a 'my ride' section....yet.

Cheers,
Infin8

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
Infin8 said:
I'm a little confused. You said you had 20% on your VT which was legal...but then you say you currently have 35% on your VY which is very illegal??? I've been told that 35% is the darkest legal....also $180 seems very cheap, was it done at an automotive tinter or local mechanic???

Don't have a 'my ride' section....yet.

Cheers,
Infin8

It was done by a proffessional window tint installer from Melbourne, he was the one that told me about the percentage. I'm asuming that the higher the percentage, the darker shade it is. Yes, $180 is very cheap, that's because he did it after hours at his own home. For privacy reasons, i don't want to give out his name, number or location. Sorry. I'll double cheack on the percentage scale, but i swear he said that the VY has 35% and is illegal.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
very nice, i love that colour