Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 04 VY Exec

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
hey mate just question, hows the wear going on ya centre console paint wise??
you used a vinyl dye/paint with some clear coats?

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
hey mate just question, hows the wear going on ya centre console paint wise??
you used a vinyl dye/paint with some clear coats?

i didnt use any clear and probably should have given it some more coats of die, if i did it again it would probably be perfect cause u get used to how thick u paint it thats why i got a practice one, but it hasnt faded or chipped at all since ive put it in

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
yea the whitewall would be good, but no that practical, coloured walls last alot longer ive been told, but might not have the same effect. how are you going with the roof lining conversion? there is a fella on here that has done the same thing, ill see if i can find his thread.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
i didnt use any clear and probably should have given it some more coats of die, if i did it again it would probably be perfect cause u get used to how thick u paint it thats why i got a practice one, but it hasnt faded or chipped at all since ive put it in
ok sweet thanks :)
just tryin to do abit of research but i think i'll get a practice panel to have a crack...
smicko car ;)

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
yea the whitewall would be good, but no that practical, coloured walls last alot longer ive been told, but might not have the same effect. how are you going with the roof lining conversion? there is a fella on here that has done the same thing, ill see if i can find his thread.

yeah paulsv6, ive seen it.... theres a guy who apparently wrecks only calais' but hes a half an hour drive away so i gotta find time to go see him

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
yeah paulsv6, ive seen it.... theres a guy who apparently wrecks only calais' but hes a half an hour drive away so i gotta find time to go see him

yea that was the fella i was talking about, looked mint when he finished it. wrecks only calais, you might have some luck, it would be alot cheaper then buying from holden lol. when you go in there, could you get their number for me please, i want to find a part from a VZ calais for my car, but i cant find anywhere in brissy, that wrecks cars that new.

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
yea that was the fella i was talking about, looked mint when he finished it. wrecks only calais, you might have some luck, it would be alot cheaper then buying from holden lol. when you go in there, could you get their number for me please, i want to find a part from a VZ calais for my car, but i cant find anywhere in brissy, that wrecks cars that new.

he doesnt deal with the public i was told by the guy that put me onto him, what were u after?

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
How hard was it to put the calais door trims on.. I would love to change the thin berlina ones for thicker ones.