Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY 05 BLACK VZ CALAIS ,245rwhp alloytec!!! plus heeps of mods

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hay guys i will definitely let use no how it is when i get it :) i was pretty impressed with it when i seen it at auto barn, they will do it for $800 plus $80 fitting so ill get it done there as soon as i can get a chance to get the car down to them, iv sold my old kenwood flip out head unit for $450 so this one is only realy costing me about $400 ;)

whitesack07: what one are you talking about with the GPS?

cheers scott

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
The pioneer avh4400 is the same without gps pretty much an is about 200/300 cheaper of not more, so was just wondering if it's worth paying the extra for the gps or not

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
yer its up to you man, id use the gps so it would be worth it for me, plus the advanced app mode would be pretty handy/ cool to use, but it all depends on what you wanna use it for man and how much you wanna spend :), for me its not costing me much cos i sold my old unit for a good price witch came with the car.

cheers scott

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
well one of my DRLS have stopped working :/ not sure whats going on with it but will try fix it on my next day of, hopefully its just a fuse or lose wire etc, both lights worked last week when i drove it at night but than tonight i moved it for the first time since last week and noticed the passenger side LEDs didnt come on, and than figured out that the low beam doesn't come on either but the hi beam dose work :/
only thing i have done to the car in the meantime is pull the head unit out, surly that wouldn't have caused any issues?

if i cant fix it i guess its the perfect time to put the calais/ss headlights back in it :D

also the dash lights get changed tomorrow by greg :) cant wait to see how they turn out! will upload some pics tomorrow night of the results

cheers scott

Last edited:

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
well got my dash done last night, very happy with how it looks now :D greg is an awesome bloke and dose great work. i recomend anyone thinking about doing the dash conversion to get it done! you wont be disappointed :)

so i went with a blue and white theme, also got white front and back foot well lights, blue blinkers and foglight, blue needles but the rev needle is a Colour morphing one that gose from blue to red :)

sorry for so many pics lol the screens in the dash look a little different blue in the pics but in person they all look really blue :)

shitty old green lights
photo-191.jpg

photo-212.jpg

photo-208.jpg

photo-205.jpg

photo-213.jpg

photo-203.jpg

photo-201.jpg

photo-200.jpg

photo-198.jpg

photo-197.jpg

photo-196.jpg

photo-195.jpg

photo-192.jpg

hope use like it! ill be getting my new head unit on Saturday as it will be on special at my local auto barn :D

cheers scott

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
i like it, is the morph from blue to red nice?
what head unit you getting?

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
i like it, is the morph from blue to red nice?
what head unit you getting?

Hay mate, yer I got the blue to red morphing rev needle and all the other needles just blue, I'll try get a quick vid of it in action one night. I'm going to get the new pioneer 7 inch double din with the advanced app mod, there is a link for it up this page a bit if you wanna check it out