Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 05 vz clubsport, manual, NOW 427ci STROKED LS3 underway!!! Massive cam, forged etc

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
you could probably fit twin 3.5", especially as they're fake. Mine are 3.125" and fit quite easily.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
curious as to why you still want exhaust tips when you have it dumped at the diff. why not embrace it and get the hole filled and smoothed?

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Ok so i got a new radiator shroud the other day from Holden to cut out around my otr as my currant one wasn't the neatest, so I picked up a second hand one as well to practice on before I hacked at the new one lol

New one at the bottom and top one was my test dummy, looks alright but was actually cracked and quiet scratched that's why I ended up going with a new one

And how it all turned out, was getting dark when I finished so sorry bout the shitty pics

Cheers scott

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
curious as to why you still want exhaust tips when you have it dumped at the diff. why not embrace it and get the hole filled and smoothed?

Just cos it looks wired with nothing there man, if I could I'd rather have twin exhurst out both sides of the rear bar but I don't really wanna cut up a good Hsv bar, plus it's not the legalist thing to not have an exhurst exiting the back of a car ;)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

having tips there draws less attention. i cant find on vicroads where it says it, but its something along the lines of 'the exhaust system must run X amount from the cabin from the rear or 45 degrees from side'

so seeing nothing there, a cop will automatically think the exhaust is faulty, and running fumes into the car which means the car will need to be towed away. unless you get a cop who knows something about cars and actually looks under the car, most cops will just write you out and EPA and send you on your way.

and i know first hand about the towed part as my mate got pulled over and we had to get a tow truck to take it away.

also, car sound pretty damn beefy, looks good too fella

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Better pic of the cover in the day, pretty happy with how the engine bay looks ATM just want to get a couple more things tho, thinking the abs billet cover, billet clutch reserve and a billet battery cover to finish it of, also going to polish up my air con pipe as it's dull alloy and should polish up nicely to blend in :)

Cheers scott

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Not so much an update but got myselfs a few new goodies that iv been in need of to work on my car for a while, picked up 2 pairs of jack stands and a new 3000kg low profile king chrome jack, only sits 100mm of the ground but yet is still to high to fit under my car :/ lol so I also got a set of these handy ramps used for caravans to level them out etc saves driving on bits of wood etc

Cheers scott