Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '06 Ignition SV6

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Had my car for 3-4 months now and finally got some decent pics (Big thanks to Ash at Ignition Photograpy) so thought I would post some here.

Car is an '06 SV6 Auto
Ignition Orange

Current Mods
FE3 Suspension (optioned by original owner)
Factory Leather
Alpine roof-mounted DVD player

So far have I only upgraded the sound system.
Kicker Amp
Kicker Sub
JL front splits
JL rears

Future plans are maybe new rims, though I don't mind the stockies too much
SSV Tail / Headlights
Not too fussed about performance mods or exhaust. all my driving is in peak hour freeway traffic. but this sure makes a nice change after driving a diesel Hilux for a few years. Very happy with it thus far.

Attachments

• IMG_9918.jpg
    IMG_9918.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_9917.jpg
    IMG_9917.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_9913.jpg
    IMG_9913.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_9921.jpg
    IMG_9921.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 364

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
FE3 didn't exists back in 2006 so is it a recent mod?

Nice looking car - and completely agree with your planned mods. Go for improving the look of a 6, not the power.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
FE3 didn't exists back in 2006 so is it a recent mod?

Nice looking car - and completely agree with your planned mods. Go for improving the look of a 6, not the power.

Not entirely sure when it was fitted. The car was delivered in around March '07, and original delivery docket had the note "HSV / HRT parts to come"...when I took it in for service a couple weeks ago I asked them to look up in the computer system what parts had been fitted, and their records said it had FE3 fitted at a later service date. It also has 255 width tyres for some reason (whereas standard is 245.) I'm guessing the guy did a bit of long distance driving as the car had 115,000 km on it when I bought it.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Not entirely sure when it was fitted. The car was delivered in around March '07, and original delivery docket had the note "HSV / HRT parts to come"...when I took it in for service a couple weeks ago I asked them to look up in the computer system what parts had been fitted, and their records said it had FE3 fitted at a later service date. It also has 255 width tyres for some reason (whereas standard is 245.) I'm guessing the guy did a bit of long distance driving as the car had 115,000 km on it when I bought it.

Probably wider tyres for wider skid marks,
eh?

eh?

EH???

Nice ride - I've always been a fan of the ignition colour - how does the stereo go?

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Lol...only 2 points left on my license so no skids for me, did notice the 255's have a higher load rating, and the car has the towing package so maybe previous owner did a lot of towing.

Stereo goes very nicely, wanted something with better sound quality and a little more punch than stock, got the components at JB's boxing day sale for 40% off :) Spent about $2k all up including install and very happy with the results.

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
Nice car mate.. Stereo is next on my list.. I'm looking at staying away from jb only because there so damn expensive lol.. Like the fe3 height aswell.. Looks really neat and tidy..

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah I only got the components from them cos they were on sale. Got the install done elsewhere :D